Re: Super 8 to digital

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. There are several video capture kits that include a device to convert your
    Hi8 to a USB input source and a software application to edit the clips you
    move to digital format.

    I'm not able to give a suggestion as to which is better, or which is worse,
    but I selected a product from Pinnacle Systems. As I recall, there were
    three different products, as one moves up the price-points the features and
    functions increase. I selected a mid-point product and it works pretty well,
    although I have nothing to compare it to.

    You can buy a video recorder for $200 that will get the job done. You can
    buy a Pinnacle product for about $120, and convert your Hi8 format videos to
    digital. The converter lets you burn your old movies to DVD, which is
    probably a plus.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 9, 2010