Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bobs, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Bobs

    Bobs Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    > "Nicholas Sherlock" wrote
    >
    >>I've *never* had a bluescreen on my Windows 2000 professional

    > installation.
    >
    >>When it locks up, it's only because Borland wrote a very buggy IDE for

    > Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a stable PC.

    Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I
    realised that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked

    Bobs, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Bobs

    Chris Guest

    Bobs wrote:

    > Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens.

    So I guess I'm incompetent then, since I got a blue screen after installing
    a Microsoft update on my Win2k box. And I suppose the fact that MS had
    posted an article about the problem on their knowledgebase makes them
    incometent too.

    Chris.

    Chris, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Bobs

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:28:23 +1300, Bobs wrote:

    > Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    > had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    > needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    Well some of us will take this as you did when you saw a woman breast
    feeding at McDonalds. ;-)

    Gordon, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Bobs

    Big Guest

    Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest For nutters Only..

    Big , Oct 10, 2003
  5. Bobs

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:28:23 +1300, Bobs <> wrote:

    >T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> "Nicholas Sherlock" wrote
    >>
    >>>I've *never* had a bluescreen on my Windows 2000 professional

    >> installation.
    >>
    >>>When it locks up, it's only because Borland wrote a very buggy IDE for

    >> Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a stable PC.

    >Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    >had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    >needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    MS removed blue screens from XP with an innovative new technological
    marvel.

    Bret, Oct 10, 2003
  6. Bobs

    Bobs Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:28:23 +1300, Bobs wrote:
    >

    >>Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    >>had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    >>needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    > Well some of us will take this as you did when you saw a woman breast
    > feeding at McDonalds. ;-)

    I stand by my disgust at that crusty old slapper. I had issues with her
    and dealt with them. Hopefully she wont expose her skanky breast in my
    presence again.

    Bobs, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Bobs

    steve Guest

    Bobs allegedly said:

    > T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> "Nicholas Sherlock" wrote
    >>
    >>>I've *never* had a bluescreen on my Windows 2000 professional

    >> installation.
    >>
    >>>When it locks up, it's only because Borland wrote a very buggy IDE for

    >> Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a stable PC.

    > Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    > had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    > needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    Don't you have to re-boot after the twice-weekly patch installs?

    --
    defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
    operating system.

    steve, Oct 10, 2003
  8. Bobs

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bret" wrote
    > MS removed blue screens from XP with an innovative new technological
    > marvel.

    what was it?

    T.N.O., Oct 11, 2003
  9. Bobs

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:24:09 +1300, Bobs wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:28:23 +1300, Bobs wrote:
    >>

    >>>Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens. I've
    >>>had Win 2000 running on my other box for about 50 days now without
    >>>needing a reboot. It's still as fast as the first minute it loaded up.

    >> Well some of us will take this as you did when you saw a woman breast
    >> feeding at McDonalds. ;-)

    > I stand by my disgust at that crusty old slapper. I had issues with her
    > and dealt with them. Hopefully she wont expose her skanky breast in my
    > presence again.

    How can you know that, after all it was not a sight for your eyes.

    Gordon, Oct 11, 2003
  10. Bobs

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:12:56 +1300, Bret wrote:

    > MS removed blue screens from XP with an innovative new technological
    > marvel.

    So what does it show,

    a) Your wallet being raided
    b) A spin doctor doing his stuff
    c) Linux does not have these

    Gordon, Oct 11, 2003
  11. Bobs

    Bret Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:58:06 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"Bret" wrote
    >> MS removed blue screens from XP with an innovative new technological
    >> marvel.

    >what was it?

    A tick box with "automatically restart" in it :)

    Bret, Oct 11, 2003
  12. Bobs

    Bret Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:03:38 +1300, "Gordon" <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:12:56 +1300, Bret wrote:
    >

    >> MS removed blue screens from XP with an innovative new technological
    >> marvel.

    >So what does it show,
    >
    >a) Your wallet being raided
    >b) A spin doctor doing his stuff
    >c) Linux does not have these

    None of the above, it reboots itself so no blue screen.

    Bret, Oct 11, 2003
  13. Bobs

    Eagle Eye Guest

    Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only Idiots need to atend..

    <Big > wrote in message

    How come I can't see anything here??

    Eagle Eye, Oct 11, 2003
  14. Bobs

    Bret Guest

    Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only Idiots need to atend..

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:49:47 +1300, "Eagle Eye"
    <> wrote:

    ><Big > wrote in message
    >>

    >How come I can't see anything here??

    Roger is confused and posts his messages in the subject line.

    Bret, Oct 11, 2003
  15. Bobs

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bret" wrote
    > A tick box with "automatically restart" in it :)

    heh, one of the first things I changed about my system.

    T.N.O., Oct 11, 2003
  16. Bobs

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:43:47 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"Bret" wrote
    >> A tick box with "automatically restart" in it :)

    >heh, one of the first things I changed about my system.

    Yeah me too.

    Bret, Oct 12, 2003

  17. >Yes, in Win 2000 and XP only incompetent people get blue screens

    I would say the same for Win98. I never have problems with crashes
    after I disabled java in Netscape (well Firebird now)
    Crashes in Win98 are ususally faulty hardware or the user has downloaded & installed so much shit
    that there are 20-30 buggy TSR's/programs running in the background.

    Steve Robertson, Oct 12, 2003