Re: suggestions for hosting for web page and domain name.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Master Tech ©, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Darren wrote:
    > The site will be about 10 megs, but could end up getting bigger in the
    > future.
    >
    > Web stats would be nice.

    http://kiwi4hosting.com/

    Hosted in the US, and pay in US$, but still incredibly cheap.

    Master Tech ©, Jul 29, 2003

  2. "Master Tech ©" <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in message
    Darren wrote:
    > The site will be about 10 megs, but could end up getting bigger in the
    > future.
    >
    > Web stats would be nice.

    >http://kiwi4hosting.com/

    >Hosted in the US, and pay in US$, but still incredibly cheap.

    Real professional kiwi4hosting.com ......website created using
    Microsoft....mmmnnn...real pro's. Never heard of Dreamweaver or Notepad?
    Brendon

    Brendon Pascoe, Jul 30, 2003

  3. >> Hosted in the US, and pay in US$, but still incredibly cheap.
    > Real professional kiwi4hosting.com ......website created using
    > Microsoft....mmmnnn...real pro's. Never heard of Dreamweaver or
    > Notepad? Brendon

    Yawn. You want to judge their ability to host a web site, for a cost, merely
    by the way a page looks ?

    Shallow.

    If they had a superb, flash enhanced site with revolving 3D graphics, stereo
    sound and a site design that grabbed you by both hands and said - enter -
    would that make a worthwhile change in judgement ?

    Of course, THEY don't host the site, they are merely re-sellers, like many
    others.

    Master Tech ©, Jul 30, 2003
  4. "Master Tech ©" <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in message
    > >> Hosted in the US, and pay in US$, but still incredibly cheap.

    > > Real professional kiwi4hosting.com ......website created using
    > > Microsoft....mmmnnn...real pro's. Never heard of Dreamweaver or
    > > Notepad? Brendon

    > Yawn. You want to judge their ability to host a web site, for a cost,

    merely
    > by the way a page looks ?
    >
    > Shallow.
    >
    > If they had a superb, flash enhanced site with revolving 3D graphics,

    stereo
    > sound and a site design that grabbed you by both hands and said - enter -
    > would that make a worthwhile change in judgement ?
    >
    > Of course, THEY don't host the site, they are merely re-sellers, like many
    > others.

    If they had a nice clean layout with no gradients, better tables, "Cheap
    smokes" (Need I say more), and no crappy flash or GIF animations, then they
    would look a damn sight better. I wouldn't sign up with them currently. It
    does reflect on their competence.

    They look like a pretty shoddy operation.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 30, 2003