Re: suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Nov 5, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-05, g <> wrote:
    > The desktops we have in office are HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible
    > Minitower or HP xw4600 Workstation and a Dell Optiplex 980. The laptops
    > are mainly Dell latitude 510, HP Compaq 2710p. Any suggestions for a
    > toolkit which can open parts of these machines?

    [...]

    I think you need to re-think your sales strategies for selling toolkits
    and extension cords.

    In my experience, office hardware tinkerers either buy whatever 'toolkit'
    catches their eye on the 'gifts' display, or they buy individual tools to
    do a particular thing. Either way the tools generally get lost soon after
    the first time the tinkerer gets an electric shock or breaks something
    expensive. Meanwhile the hardware maintenance dept or contractor already
    has proper tools, and knows how to use them. Neither the tinkerer nor the
    expert is likely to buy tools 'on line' - although someone's mum or gran
    might.

    Just on the off-chance that your enquiry here is actually genuine, I
    suggest that you make friends with one of your local computer repair
    shops. They will probably be happy to sell you appropriate extension
    cords, too.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Nov 5, 2010