Re: Suggestions for easily managing multiple email users?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by D.T, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. D.T

    D.T Guest

    On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 16:35:24 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:,
    >> Ralph Wade Phillips spewed forth:

    >> > Well, you discount the primary one ... separate IDs for the
    >> > workstation for each user.
    >> >
    >> > Toolman Tim has a suggestion also, which *ahem* usually does
    >> > what you say you don't want to do on 2K.
    >> >

    >> He said nothing about not wanting password protection on individual email
    >> accounts (identities). He didn't want separate user logins for individuals
    >> for the OS (W2K).

    > However, in my experience, with "User Accounts" on with 9X or on 2K
    >or XP, it logs you off and you have to log on as another user. That might
    >have been fixed since 5.5, but I'm a strong enough proponent of seperate
    >users that I've not checked it recently.
    >
    > RwP

    If you want to handle multiple Email addresses together you will
    probably need something like Pocomail which is not free. I use to
    download 4 email accounts together and sort the mail to various
    folders. It handles Yahoo mail and FastMail but not Hotmail (I cant
    get it to work)

    DT
    D.T, Dec 30, 2005