Re: Suggestion for Cache flush in Moz

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. On 1/18/2004 5:18 PM, Murray Dundas wrote:

    > Banks routinely advise us to flush our browser's cache after doing any
    > online banking. To do this in Moz, you must click on
    > Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Cache/Clear Cache/Ok
    >
    > That's a lot of hassle for something I use frequently. It would be nice
    > if the Moz development folks would give us the ability (selectable) to
    > add a "Clear Cache" button right on the Mozilla button bar. That would
    > make life a lot easier.

    Until then, you might want to check out the Preferences Toolbar, it has
    both a Clear Cache and a Clear History button (and a few other tricks).

    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

    --
    CJ

    Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Caffeine Junkie

    dantu Guest

    Caffeine Junkie wrote:

    > On 1/18/2004 5:18 PM, Murray Dundas wrote:
    >
    >> Banks routinely advise us to flush our browser's cache after doing
    >> any online banking. To do this in Moz, you must click on
    >> Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Cache/Clear Cache/Ok
    >>
    >> That's a lot of hassle for something I use frequently. It would be
    >> nice if the Moz development folks would give us the ability
    >> (selectable) to add a "Clear Cache" button right on the Mozilla
    >> button bar. That would make life a lot easier.

    > Until then, you might want to check out the Preferences Toolbar, it
    > has both a Clear Cache and a Clear History button (and a few other
    > tricks).
    >
    > http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

    I use all sorts of banking sites, and never clear my cache. I suppose
    the idea is to remove information contained therein from followup
    security breaches, but in a properly secured machine, that wont happen.

    If you are really concerned about it, then Murray's solution would be
    the preferred one of course.

    dantu, Jan 20, 2004