Re: Such a device if anyone knows, please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by joshidm@gmail.com, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:
    > If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
    > an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...
    >
    > Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
    > that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
    > presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

    Thank you Colin for the suggestion.

    This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2 phone
    ports and the application.

    If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
    what sort of software application will have to be written?

    It should be OK my cross posting this to uk.telecom.voip and
    uk.telecom.

    Regards,
    DMJoshi

    , Feb 13, 2007

  2. ale.cx Guest

    On Feb 13, 12:34 pm, wrote:
    > > > Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
    > > > Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
    > > > caller to dial a number of line B.

    > On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:
    >
    > > If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
    > > an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

    > > Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
    > > that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
    > > presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

    > Thank you Colin for the suggestion.
    >
    > This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2
    > phone ports and the application.
    >
    > If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
    > what sort of software application will have to be written?

    I'm not 100% sure if this will be any help to you, but...from what
    you've written, my interpretation is that you want people who call in
    on line A to be able to call out on line B, and both lines terminate
    on the same bit of equipment. And the definition of this bit of
    equipment is what you're asking for help with.

    My advice [as usual] is that Asterisk can do what you want, if my
    interpretation above is correct. If it's two analogue lines we're
    talking about, you could do a proof of concept with 2 x X101p cards.
    If all you need is a number to accept an incoming call on, and a way
    of getting the call back out, this can be done with a couple of IP
    trunks.

    alexd

    ale.cx, Feb 13, 2007

  3. fa103 Guest

    On 13 Feb, 12:34, wrote:
    > > > Intermediary to 2 independent phone line.
    > > > Caller calls a number of line A, the connected device allows the
    > > > caller to dial a number of line B.

    > On 12 Feb, 08:45, Colin Wilson wrote:
    >
    > > If you can get caller ID off the first phone, you could probably rig up
    > > an app on a computer to do what you want without too much trouble...

    > > Where this might cause problems is if the caller on A is behind a PABX
    > > that doesn't hand out a caller ID (like ours in work) or the
    > > presentation number is a generic number, not that of the caller.

    > Thank you Colin for the suggestion.
    >
    > This would I suppose require some sort of internal card with 2 phone
    > ports and the application.
    >
    > If so could you please tell me what make of card should do this and
    > what sort of software application will have to be written?
    >
    > It should be OK my cross posting this to uk.telecom.voip and
    > uk.telecom.
    >
    > Regards,
    > DMJoshi

    Dear DM Joshi

    Indeed there is a device. www.connexin.co.uk sell for £39.99 its a
    sophisticated ATA with Hop on Hop Off service meaning... you get 2
    lines.. you ring one, enter a pin and dial out over the other. For
    more info contact

    Hope that helps.

    fa103, Feb 20, 2007