Re: Subject: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO YOUR COMPUTER

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by PDannyD, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. PDannyD

    PDannyD Guest

    On Monday 02 January 2006 18:00,
    [] wrote in message
    <>

    > Subject: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO YOUR COMPUTER

    The biggest threat to a computer is the interface between the chair and
    keyboard. Almost all the computer faults I've had to fix at work have been
    caused solely by the computer user. All the virus infections we've ever had
    have been caused by someone clicking on links in emails or downloading and
    running software from dodgy download sites.

    In my experience Opera has worked flawlessly and version 8.51 is the best
    ever and is now free without adverts. On the rare occasions when it has
    crashed it has given me the option of starting again from where I left off.
    Opera has never lost me so much as a byte of data.

    On a final note, downloading Opera from any other site than www.opera.com is
    a recipe for disaster. Other people here have complained about severe OS
    destruction which they initially blamed on Opera but turned out that they
    had downloaded from a non-Opera source.

    PDannyD, Jan 2, 2006