Re: Stupid Google grps screwed up again

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, May 12, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/10/2012 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-05-10 17:16:14 -0700, Rich <> said:
    >
    >> None of the posts using their system will be visible to people using
    >> other
    >> readers.

    > Which of their systems is that?
    >
    > ...or do you mean you can't see this?
    > < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JZV81SEI3dUhjNW8 >

    IMHO that is a nice capture. The dynamic tilt helps you almost hear him
    breathing. Your use of selective focus adds to the story. I am glad the
    lead biker is off center. Well done.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, May 12, 2012

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/11/2012 9:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-05-11 17:31:09 -0700, PeterN <> said:

    >>> Which of their systems is that?
    >>>
    >>> ...or do you mean you can't see this?
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JZV81SEI3dUhjNW8 >
    >>>

    >> IMHO that is a nice capture. The dynamic tilt helps you almost hear
    >> him breathing. Your use of selective focus adds to the story. I am
    >> glad the lead biker is off center. Well done.

    > Thanks for that. ;-)
    >
    > The San Antonio Wildflower Triathlon is one of the annual local events
    > out here. The top of the 4.5 mile climb up Snake Canyon after a 1.5 mile
    > swim and 42 miles of bike ride on undulating roads, leads to some
    > interesting character studies.
    > Some are locked in shear determination, some are exultantly happy to be
    > near the summit, others are just running on fumes.
    > Here are a few examples of those conditions:
    >

    > < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JQmZfZFJ5YTJ0dFE >
    > < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JaVBnMThXRFhVbmM >
    > < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7Jc0VfRFplZVFfWlU >

    I see what you mean. Each has a different reaction

    > ...and then they always have an oddball supporter to encourage them;
    > < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JYU5pMjFnT1JwekE >

    That looks like the same character we see at different events in NY.
    Except, the NY guy? has a purple poodle and yellow hair. I'm too ;lazy
    to look through my archives. I must have taken at least one image on him.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, May 13, 2012

  3. PeterN

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 13 May 2012 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Eric Stevens wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:35:39 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JQmZfZFJ5YTJ0dFE >
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JaVBnMThXRFhVbmM >
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7Jc0VfRFplZVFfWlU >
    >>
    >>...and then they always have an oddball supporter to encourage them;
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JYU5pMjFnT1JwekE >
    >>
    >>I only figured that Rich was bitching about Google Groups after I
    >>posted that.

    > Duck - do you realise that you are not posting to Usenet at large
    > but only the Google subset?
    >
    > I can't see any of your links posted above and I'm reluctant to let
    > even you push me into the Google-only world.

    Maybe it's your setup? He is posting to usenet at large; I'm viewing
    the group through Eternal September using XNews, and the links came
    through just as the Duck intended.

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/
    Joe Makowiec, May 13, 2012
  4. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:49:26 +0200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:35:39 -0700, Savageduck
    ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> IMHO that is a nice capture. The dynamic tilt helps you almost hear him
    >>> breathing. Your use of selective focus adds to the story. I am glad the
    >>> lead biker is off center. Well done.

    >>Thanks for that. ;-)
    >>
    >>The San Antonio Wildflower Triathlon is one of the annual local events
    >>out here. The top of the 4.5 mile climb up Snake Canyon after a 1.5
    >>mile swim and 42 miles of bike ride on undulating roads, leads to some
    >>interesting character studies.
    >>Some are locked in shear determination, some are exultantly happy to be
    >>near the summit, others are just running on fumes.
    >>Here are a few examples of those conditions:
    >>

    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JQmZfZFJ5YTJ0dFE >
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JaVBnMThXRFhVbmM >
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7Jc0VfRFplZVFfWlU >
    >>
    >>...and then they always have an oddball supporter to encourage them;
    >>< https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JYU5pMjFnT1JwekE >
    >>
    >>I only figured that Rich was bitching about Google Groups after I posted that.

    >Duck - do you realise that you are not posting to Usenet at large but
    >only the Google subset?
    >
    >I can't see any of your links posted above and I'm reluctant to let
    >even you push me into the Google-only world.

    It must be you. I use Agent and viewed his links without a problem.
    I never got around to opening whatever that Google photo thing is.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, May 13, 2012
  5. PeterN

    Max Guest

    On 5/13/2012 5:35 AM, Joe Makowiec wrote:
    > On 13 May 2012 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, Eric Stevens wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:35:39 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JQmZfZFJ5YTJ0dFE>
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JaVBnMThXRFhVbmM>
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7Jc0VfRFplZVFfWlU>
    >>>
    >>> ...and then they always have an oddball supporter to encourage them;
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JYU5pMjFnT1JwekE>
    >>>
    >>> I only figured that Rich was bitching about Google Groups after I
    >>> posted that.

    >> Duck - do you realise that you are not posting to Usenet at large
    >> but only the Google subset?
    >>
    >> I can't see any of your links posted above and I'm reluctant to let
    >> even you push me into the Google-only world.

    > Maybe it's your setup? He is posting to usenet at large; I'm viewing
    > the group through Eternal September using XNews, and the links came
    > through just as the Duck intended.

    And I'm using Astraweb without any problems
    Max, May 13, 2012
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/13/2012 9:10 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:49:26 +0200, Eric Stevens
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 May 2012 18:35:39 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Thanks for that. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> The San Antonio Wildflower Triathlon is one of the annual local events
    >>> out here. The top of the 4.5 mile climb up Snake Canyon after a 1.5
    >>> mile swim and 42 miles of bike ride on undulating roads, leads to some
    >>> interesting character studies.
    >>> Some are locked in shear determination, some are exultantly happy to be
    >>> near the summit, others are just running on fumes.
    >>> Here are a few examples of those conditions:
    >>>

    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JQmZfZFJ5YTJ0dFE>
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JaVBnMThXRFhVbmM>
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7Jc0VfRFplZVFfWlU>
    >>>
    >>> ...and then they always have an oddball supporter to encourage them;
    >>> < https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBGyl1LDu7JYU5pMjFnT1JwekE>
    >>>
    >>> I only figured that Rich was bitching about Google Groups after I posted that.

    >> Duck - do you realise that you are not posting to Usenet at large but
    >> only the Google subset?
    >>
    >> I can't see any of your links posted above and I'm reluctant to let
    >> even you push me into the Google-only world.

    > It must be you. I use Agent and viewed his links without a problem.
    > I never got around to opening whatever that Google photo thing is.

    Open them. They are worth looking at.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, May 13, 2012