Re: Stuff I never thought about much....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catchme, Mar 19, 2009.

  1. catchme

    catchme Guest

    Jeff Wisnia wrote:

    > I've been using the internet for longer than I can remember, but I don't
    > think I ever gave serious thought to just how the signals are
    > transmitted around the world.
    >
    > When I read this recent Popular Science magazine article I was shocked,
    > schocked to learn how many undersea fiber optic cables are employed to
    > carry internet traffic and how often they are damaged and require repair.
    >
    > Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did:
    >
    > http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/who-protects-intrnet
    >
    > Jeff

    while you are at it, how about doing a little research on TEMPEST; I'm
    sure this will scare you more.

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Mar 19, 2009