Re: Streaming Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Irmen de Jong, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. foneguy65 wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > When I try to listen to radio via the internet I get a 'mms is not a
    > registered protocol' error message.
    > The station I want to listen to is served by streamaudio.com. Is there
    > any way I can successfully do this via mozilla?
    >
    > Many Thanks,
    > Dave
    >
    > PS: My OS is Linux (Mandrake 9.1).

    AFAIK, mms is a Microsoft proprietary protocol. As such, you can
    probably only play it using Media Player (YUCK!) on Windows...

    --Irmen
    Irmen de Jong, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Irmen de Jong

    Sensei Guest

    Irmen de Jong wrote:
    > AFAIK, mms is a Microsoft proprietary protocol. As such, you can
    > probably only play it using Media Player (YUCK!) on Windows...

    No, just use xine. Xine can handle this protocol (I actually listen to
    online radios even with webcam streaming data). An example:

    $ xine mms://192.106.107.143/radiorock
    --
    Sensei <mailto:> <icq:241572242>

    But still I fear, and still I dare not
    Laugh at the mad man (The Prophet's song)
    Sensei, Jul 17, 2003