Re: Stream my desktop. Webcam?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. "N e v s" <> wrote:

    >I want to stream my desktop, like a webcam, to a webpage. So users on the
    >webpage can see what I'm doing on my pc live.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a application that will do this?

    Without research, I dunno how you'd stream your desktop to a browser,
    but have you considered the following:

    'Streaming' is a bit of a misnomer in the following examples, as
    you'll really be using 'Terminal Services/Remote Desktop' of one form
    or another.

    I use NetSupport Manager at work: http://www.netsupport-inc.com/ ,
    which can be used in a classroom environment, as many clients can
    connect on a 'view-only' basis (although NetSupport School is best for
    this). Control can also be taken of several clients simultaneously. I
    could go on about NSM all night, so feature-packed is it.

    Have a look.I believe it does what you require (i.e. allowing others
    to view your desktop over TCP/IP).
    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 2, 2003