Re: Strange XP behavior

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Something doesn't seem right - how on earth can AOL be *gone*,
    just like that? Sounds like somebody already performed a system
    restore, to me.

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:32:35 -0400, in
    <bh8gf6$u2ce2$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    YW. :)

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:20:18 -0400, in
    <bh91ai$vbt8k$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    Miggsee Guest

    Watch out! ;)

    Miggsee, Aug 11, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    Lou Andzik Guest

    How secure is your firewall??

    if there was a another account there are 2 ways to create them..

    1.. From directly from your machine.
    2. a Bot program that might be trying to setup up an account(AKA..Hacker).
    Use a router plus a firewall..

    You might need to secure your ports better then they are..
    Item 1.. need to PW your account so nobody can logon your system if you are
    the sole user.

    Lou Andzik, Aug 12, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    Miggsee Guest

    I do not need to secure my machines...they are secure. My machines are not
    the one in question.

    Miggsee, Aug 12, 2003