Re: Strange email from Yahoo Billing? WARNING!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PC, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. PC

    PC Guest

    WARNING
    WARNING
    WARNING

    STAY AWAY, ITS A PHISHING SITE!!!!!!

    See here http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/phishingalrt.htm

    Cheers
    Paul

    "Sseaott" <> wrote in message
    > I got this email today from what appears to be from Yahoo billing with
    > regards to my auction account saying "due to recent activity" bla bla bla

    we
    > are investigating your account and it asks me to click a "verifiy" button

    in
    > the email and when I click on it it basically asks for my life story
    > including credit card info, ss number, what CAR I drive (you gotta be
    > kidding me right?), personal information about my family and what is even
    > stranger is it looks authentic! The email is below: BTW, there is

    nothing
    > wrong with my account, I have no negative comments and my billing is up to
    > date with a 0 balance. This is strange!
    >
    > Dear YAHOO! member,
    >
    > Due to recent activity, we will suspend any activity on your account in
    > order to allow us to investigate this matter further. If you believe that
    > this action may have been taken in error, or, if you feel that your

    account
    > may have been tampered with, please respond to this message so that we can
    > provide additional information and work with you to resolve this issue.Go

    > link below and login to your account:
    >

    > After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours

    for
    > the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in
    > delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you

    and
    > we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.
    >
    > If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder,
    > please be aware that it is in violation of YAHOO! policy to represent
    > oneself as another YAHOO! user. Such action may also be in violation of
    > local, national, and/or international law.YAHOO! is committed to assist

    law
    > enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate

    personal

    PC, Jul 11, 2004