Re: Stopping Messenger messages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Plato, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > After installing Norton and Spybot there are still "Messenger" messages
    > appearing on a friend's machine. I've suggested Pop-up Stopper. Any suggestions?

    Nortons or Spybot do NOT address Messenger Service:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#3
    Plato, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Plato

    Jim Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >>
    >> After installing Norton and Spybot there are still "Messenger" messages
    >> appearing on a friend's machine. I've suggested Pop-up Stopper. Any suggestions?

    >Nortons or Spybot do NOT address Messenger Service:
    >http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#3

    Thanks - that makes sense. I was assuming they came either as a virus or adware
    which is why I started with Norton/Spybot - I also suggested she install Zone
    Alarm but I don't think she's done that yet. Thanks for the link.

    Jim
    Jim, Jun 27, 2003