Re: Stopping idiotically designed websites from resizing my Firefoxwindow

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 8, 2010.

  1. Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
    > Is there an addon or setting that will stop websites designed by idiots from
    > changing the size of my Firefox Window?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    does that just piss you off then that happens.
    Anyways, no need for an addon. The problem is they
    have a crappy javascript on their site that is doing
    this. You can either turn off javascript, or fix the
    problem permanently. In the address bar type in
    about:config and hit the enter key. If you get a
    warning message, click the "I'll be careful button."
    Now locate the following entries:

    dom.disable_window_move_resize
    dom.disable_window_flip

    once found, double click on them and change them to
    true. Close the tab, and you should be ready to go.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 8, 2010