Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Weaver, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Mark Weaver

    Mark Weaver Guest

    "Perk" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My Olympus C-700 will produce 15 second clips if video.
    >
    > Is there any way of "stitching" these together to make a longer one ??
    >
    > Thanks much,

    Assuming you're using a Windows machine, I would start out with the free
    Microsoft 'Movie Maker 2'. Like all video editors, it will let you drag
    your clips onto a storyboard and combine them with effects (fades, wipes,
    etc) and then remaster the whole thing.

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Mark Weaver

    Mark Weaver Guest

    "Abrasha" <> wrote in message > >
    > > Assuming you're using a Windows machine, I would start out with the free
    > > Microsoft 'Movie Maker 2'.

    > Isn't that also assuming that he runs Windows XP as his operating system,

    or
    > does Movie Maker 2 run on any other Windows OS?

    No, I guess that's true -- it's XP only. If that's not an option, then it
    would be worth starting with a trial version of one of the various 3rd party
    possibilities (Pinnacle Studio, etc).

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Mark Weaver

    Leo R. Guest

    OP could try Virtual Dub. I find it very good
    http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
    It does a good job and has the capability to add audio background files.
    Looks a bit daunting at first but is remarkably simple to join avi clips and
    add background music or whatever audio.

    There is a very comprehensive "how to" website for Virtual Dub at
    http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/join-split-avi.htm

    Leo R., Aug 19, 2003