Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Mason, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Mike Mason

    Mike Mason Guest

    Perk wrote:

    > Is there any way of "stitching" these together to make a longer one ??

    Try VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/). It's free, and although a
    little tricky to get to know, does plenty of simple processing jobs (and
    more complicated ones if that's your bag) with .avi and mpeg1 files.

    Mike

    Mike Mason, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Mike Mason

    Dean Wittke Guest

    Sure it can, I do it all the time with AVI's.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/joinavi.html

    I don't know what format your Oly 700 captures in though.

    "Luke" <> wrote in message
    > Virtual dub can do a lot of things but as far as I know it can't join

    clips

    Dean Wittke, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Mike Mason

    Samuel Paik Guest

    "Luke" <> wrote:
    > Virtual dub can do a lot of things but as far as I know it can't join clips
    > together.

    VirtualDub can join clips together provided they are the same format
    (same resolution, frame rate, codec, audio format). Simply open
    the first, then select File->"Append AVI Segment..." for the second, etc.

    > It is designed as a post processing app. rather than an editing app.

    VirtualDub is a single "tape" linear video editor.

    Sam

    Samuel Paik, Aug 18, 2003