Re: Stay with IPv4 internally

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bod43, Feb 10, 2011.

  1. bod43

    bod43 Guest

    I thought that this would have been a done deal
    but it looks like it is not.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_transition_mechanisms
    Some interesting looking links at the bottom.

    "NAT64 is an mechanism to allow IPv6 host to communicate
    with IPv4 servers

    DNS64
    Combined with NAT64, this allows hosts connected only via
    IPv6 to access other hosts only connected by IPv4."

    So these "solve" the *opposite* problem to the one posed
    by the Original Poster.

    i.e.
    IPV6 internally and IPV4 on the internet.

    Oh dear. If there is NO effective IPV6 externally and
    IPV4 internally scheme there is going to be a
    LOT of work for network guys for years to come.

    I've not read this yet but the title sounds promising.
    IPv6 Transition Tutorial by Cisco Systems
    http://host.comsoc.org/freetutorial/cisco2/cisco2.html
    bod43, Feb 10, 2011

  2. bod43

    Rob Guest

    bod43 <> wrote:
    > Oh dear. If there is NO effective IPV6 externally and
    > IPV4 internally scheme there is going to be a
    > LOT of work for network guys for years to come.

    Application-level proxies should not have too much trouble
    with it. E.g. access the WWW via a proxy between your IPv4
    company network and the IPv6 internet.
    Rob, Feb 10, 2011

  3. bod43

    Guest

    On 2月10æ—¥, 下åˆ11時45分, Rob <> wrote:
    > bod43 <> wrote:
    > > Oh dear. If there is NO effective IPV6 externally and
    > > IPV4 internally scheme there is going to be a
    > > LOT of work for network guys for years to come.

    > Application-level proxies should not have too much trouble
    > with it.  E.g. access the WWW via a proxy between your IPv4
    > company network and the IPv6 internet.

    Recently, an article in the world threatens us that IPv4 runs out..we
    have to go to IPv6 era.....

    So, IPv6 discussion seems to blossom now..this seems the business side
    more than technical side...

    Bosses have to think about the IPv6 right now....since they are now
    worrying about this....IPv6 and IPv4 compatibility..

    IPv6 NAT-PT is the workaround technique between IPv6 world & IPv4
    world no matter it is good or not-so-good technique.
    , Feb 17, 2011