Re: Starting a PC/Networking business

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by jch, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. jch

    jch Guest

    George, what part of the country are you in? GA? I was with Lucent
    (Norcross, GA) and went with Avaya in the spin-off. A few months later when
    Avaya announced a relocation to Texas, I took the early out package. I've
    been thinking along similar lines as your message. What type of
    service/business are you considering?

    John H.

    jch, Oct 14, 2003

  2. jch

    Joe Guest

    I don't know about US but in the Toronto area,you'd be competing with
    kids,and every hungry ethnic IT genius, immigrants,and IT unemployed
    ,who advertise in grocery stores and bulletin boards, that they work
    for as little as $15/hr (about $10 US) for "house visits!!

    Joe, Oct 15, 2003

  3. jch

    Guest

    On 15 Oct 2003 03:46:04 -0700, (Joe) wrote:

    >I don't know about US but in the Toronto area,you'd be competing with
    >kids,and every hungry ethnic IT genius, immigrants,and IT unemployed
    >,who advertise in grocery stores and bulletin boards, that they work
    >for as little as $15/hr (about $10 US) for "house visits!!

    Like the kid who offers free diagnosis, tune ups and changes $20.00 to
    remove a virus. What I tell my customers is that I'm a legitimate
    business and I can't work for free.I had one lady call me the other
    day and ask me if I offer free diagnosis like the kid does? Would you
    trust your computer to some kid?

    gary

    , Oct 15, 2003
  4. jch

    teak Guest

    "George Wilder" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am in IL, Chicago Metro area.
    >
    > I am considering making "house visits,"
    > to do hardware/software maintenance and
    > upgrades. I don't have the capital to
    > actually open up a store front.
    >
    > George
    >
    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:40:31 -0400, jch wrote:
    >
    > > George, what part of the country are you in? GA? I was with Lucent
    > > (Norcross, GA) and went with Avaya in the spin-off. A few months later when
    > > Avaya announced a relocation to Texas, I took the early out package. I've
    > > been thinking along similar lines as your message. What type of
    > > service/business are you considering?
    > >
    > > John H.

    Also-this may help. It is good for equiment. http://www.blackbox.com
    Very complete, excellent catalogue.