Re: start with CIW or mcsa?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Bill Fritz, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Bill Fritz

    Bill Fritz Guest

    On 4/29/04 2:21 PM, in article
    , "dunka"
    <> wrote:

    > im thinking about doing CIW foundation then CIW Server administr certs.
    > does anyone have any experience of gaining these certs? in particular in
    > comparison with mcsa, if you gained them by self study/distance learning,
    > cost/time/difficulty. any info in general you can give me would be useful. i
    > don't currently have any quals (well, a degree but not ms or ciw etc) but
    > have experience in it support & web design
    >
    > thanks.

    The certifications you work toward should be dependent on what you do or
    want to do in the IT field. CIW is geared more for web design, development
    and admin and the MCSA is designed for those that do tech support (systems
    administration). I always recommend to my students that they decide what
    they like to do in IT and then find out how to be the best at that
    (including getting their certifications in that area). Good luck.

    Bill Fritz, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Bill Fritz

    TechGeekPro Guest

    If you get your MCSE, then you can get the Master CIW Administrator
    certification by passing 2 exams instead of 4.

    http://www.ciwcertified.com/certifications/iaccelerate.asp?comm=home&llm=2
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/2ejld

    TechGeekPro, Apr 29, 2004