re Start up problem on Dell Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Deebrief, May 5, 2009.

  1. Deebrief

    Deebrief Guest

    Hi

    Would be interesting on hearing any theories.

    Our Dell laptop is playing up off/on.

    When you switch on, the start up ribbon moves across and either sticks or
    moves onto the starting sequence of Windows XP.

    When it sticks the only option seems to tap F2 or F12 and wait quite a few
    minutes.

    The fact that you do not know if the machine is going to fully start up is
    bloody frustrating !!!!!!!!!

    Thanks

    Dee

    Deebrief, May 5, 2009

  2. Deebrief

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    Deebrief wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Would be interesting on hearing any theories.
    >
    > Our Dell laptop is playing up off/on.
    >
    > When you switch on, the start up ribbon moves across and either sticks or
    > moves onto the starting sequence of Windows XP.
    >
    > When it sticks the only option seems to tap F2 or F12 and wait quite a few
    > minutes.
    >
    > The fact that you do not know if the machine is going to fully start up is
    > bloody frustrating !!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Dee

    Boot from XP disk/Repair Console/Chkdsk C: \r\p and then Bootfix C:
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay

    TeeJay1952, May 5, 2009