Re: Star Trek is set in the same universe as

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Brad Filippone, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Kweeg () wrote:
    : "Bo Raxo" <> wrote in message
    : news:%6Mdd.3069$%...
    : >
    : > "Bill Binder" <> wrote in message
    : > news:Hvbdd.55902$kz3.49394@fed1read02...
    : > > He actually refferred to him as James Doohan, star of Star Treks I-X.
    : > > which negates Trek and Knight Rider in the same universe.
    : > >
    : > > Bill
    : >
    : > Why couldn't Trek exist in a universe in which there was a t.v. show that
    : > accurately predicted the rise of the Federation (and a whole lotta other
    : > things) centuries later?
    : >
    : > I recall a fanfic story in a book waaayyyy back in the 70s (cue disco
    : music)
    : > with that very premise. A transporter accident sent the actors to the
    : > Enterprise, and sent the "real" Kirk, Spock, etc. on to the sets at
    : Desilu.
    : > It was (to my then-teenage mind) quite clever and highly entertaining.
    : >
    : I believe it was called 'Visit to a Strange Planet,' the one I read was
    : 'Visit to a Strange Planet Revisited' where Shatner and Nimoy were beamed
    : aboard the 'real' Enterprise. Must have been in Trek magazine 'cause I read
    : that one in The Best of Trek (volume unknown) Larfed me bum off.......

    Actually, it was in "The new Voyages" a paperback collection of fan
    fiction published back in the 1970's.

    Brad
    Brad Filippone, Oct 21, 2004