Re: ssl over RDP 5.0 windows 2000 server, sp4

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Justin Goldberg, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. On Sep 26, 11:36 am, Drew <> wrote:
    > Hi All:
    >
    > I don't think this is possible  but I've been asked to enable SSL over
    > RDP 5.0 (Remote Desktop) on a server running Windows 2000 Server with
    > Service Pack 4.
    >
    > From what I am gathering, you must use RDP 5.2 to be able to enable
    > SSL.  And in order to use RDP 5.2, you must run Windows Server 2003
    > and Service Pack 1.

    No, according to this page:

    http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...3659630.html rdp ssl 2000&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

    If that link dies then google 'How to enable SSL over Windows 2000 RDP
    5.0' and click cache.

    OpenVPN offers an ssl vpn solution with perfect forward secrecy.
    Unfortunately it's a hard sell, because managers see 'free' and think
    low-quality. But, heck, you can see the source code. Has MS ever shown
    us any of their vpn source?

    Justin Goldberg, Oct 1, 2008