Re: SSH error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by News Reader, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Mik wrote:
    > I've just enabled crypto - cry key generate rsa (1024) - on my Cisco
    > 1700 router - but when I launch my Putty client in v1 or v2 SSH mode -
    > they all tell me "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".
    > What do I not have enabled?
    >
    > IOS version c1700-ipbasek9-mz.124-19.bin
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mik

    New installation, or pre-existing with prior Telnet access?

    Have you set login and passwords on the VTYs?

    Is SSH a permitted transport on your VTYs?

    Do you have an access list restricting source IP or port number?

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

    News Reader, Apr 25, 2008