Re: SpywareBlaster access error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ded, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. ded

    ded Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >> XP Pro
    >>
    >> Went to check for updates of SB and while the program was loading (showed
    >> protection for IE and Restricted Sites as enabled) when it got to Mozilla
    >> Firefox, I got the following error message:
    >>
    >> Error: Access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to read from 0x07F80020),
    >> program terminated.
    >>
    >> Checked for updates of Firefox (there was one available) and duly
    >> updated. Ran SB again and got the same error.
    >>
    >> Uninstalled/reinstalled SB, similar error, only this time it said (tried
    >> to read from 0x0803008C).
    >>
    >> Searched for error numbers but no luck.
    >>
    >> Prior to this I had updated (AND immunised) Spybot S&D and am wondering
    >> if Spybot is the culprit.
    >>
    >> Anybody running both (updated and immunised) programs seeing similar?
    >>

    > It seems that Spybot S&D is the cause of the SB problem. I disabled
    > immunisation in Spybot and SpywareBlaster duly loaded ALL protection.
    >
    > Now I don't know which is the lesser of two evils.
    >
    > However, I think I'll re-enable Spybot's immunisation and leave
    > SpywareBlaster's Firefox protection turned off, I don't use Firefox much.

    The error codes you included indicate they are Windows errors,
    0x0 prefaced codes are Windows not being happy, but I couldn't
    find them in the KB.
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global
    Type exact code into above search, ensure it is as appears.

    As an example 0x07F80020 produces no results
    But 0x07f produces one result
    and 0x07 produces 25 results

    You're running Vista, scroll down and check out the Vista community link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732#tab0

    The event log would be the place to look but it's changed in Vista
    and is now called Event Viewer, to use Vista's event viewer, type
    into google: Event viewer, Vista
    And follow the guides.

    From the various codes you included and a very brief search on
    the KB, a router seems to be a common culprit? But you search
    the KB with the "correct" error codes.

    ded, Apr 17, 2008