Re: spyhunter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ivan clough, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. ivan clough

    ivan clough Guest

    "ivan clough" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi.
    > You are all quite right of course. I am already running
    > spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
    > earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
    > P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
    > Ivan
    > Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

    Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
    adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
    files and cookies.
    I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
    unearth the following
    3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
    from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
    Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
    hunter yet.
    Any comments please?
    Ivan

    ivan clough, Oct 19, 2003

  2. ivan clough

    Buffalo Guest

    "ivan clough" <> wrote in message news:bmu9hj$mjp$...

    > "ivan clough" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Hi.
    > > You are all quite right of course. I am already running
    > > spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
    > > earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
    > > P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
    > > Ivan
    > > Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

    > Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
    > adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
    > files and cookies.
    > I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
    > unearth the following
    > 3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
    > from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
    > Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
    > hunter yet.
    > Any comments please?
    > Ivan

    Curious.
    Are you running AdAware ver6, build 6.181 with the latest definition
    update?(actually there is one today 01R226 10.19.03)
    Spybot ver 1.2 with the lates definition update?

    Also, try this free program. It helps prevent hijacking your Start Page in
    one of its options besides stopping much adware from even getting on your PC
    in the first place.

    SpywareBlaster

    Buffalo, Oct 19, 2003

  3. ivan clough

    Boomer Guest

    ivan clough wrote:

    > "ivan clough" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >> You are all quite right of course. I am already running
    >> spybot and adaware successfully, I think, so why on
    >> earth I opted for spyhunter, I really do no know.....
    >> P*****d at the time!!! Sorry for troubling you chaps.
    >> Ivan
    >> Ps. A scan with spyhunter dug up a few spyware

    > Having said that though. I have just done a scan with
    > adaware and spybot, during which they removed unwanted
    > files and cookies.
    > I then did a scan immediately after with spyhunter, and it
    > unearth the following
    > 3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
    > from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
    > Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
    > hunter yet.
    > Any comments please?
    > Ivan

    Why did you start a new thread (cut and paste from old)and reply to
    yourself here?

    Have you uspdated Spybot and Ad-aware's dat files? What version of
    Ad-Aware do you have?

    Boomer, Oct 19, 2003
  4. On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:17:12 +0100, "ivan clough"
    <> wrote:

    >3 parasites (named DRYFUCA, and 2 named SearcheX
    >from AcrolEHelper and a cookie named? Lopcom
    >Of course I cannot remove these as I havent paid for spy
    >hunter yet.

    The cookie's a piece of cake to delete.... Just go into the directory
    where your cookies are stored, select them, and press the delete
    key.... You may have to play around with permissions or something,
    make sure IE is closed.... Or, tell IE to delete the stupid
    cookies.... lopcom is lop.com, bear in mind this.... NEVER EVER VISIT
    THAT SITE, under ANY FRIGGEN CONDITIONS.... and tell your friends, if
    any of them visits that site and e-mails you, they are to be banned
    from looking at you ever again! That ass of nine site caused me so
    much trouble one day!!!!! A friend uses Outlook express, and some
    how, he visited the site.... It setup a auto-run web page in the
    startup folder to add a signature to every e-mail he sends out saying
    to visit lop.com for searching.... I thought he liked it so much, he
    added it to his signature, so I tried it out.... I then got the same
    problem in my e-mail..... I couldn't get rid of it, till I learned how
    it worked.... You first got to delete the signature from Outlook
    Express, then delete the web-pages from the startup folder, then I
    think search the registry, and delete the cookie.... If you don't
    delete the html files in your startup directory (forgot what its
    named, but there's 1-2 html files in your startup folder), that will
    continously add a signature to your outlook express each time you post
    a message.... I sent some very angry messages to them about their
    VIRUS LIKE approach of ADVERTISING at MY EXPENSE without my knowladge!
    lop.com should be avoided BIG TIME! Anytime I see anything that says
    LOP.COM, I go through my system with a fine-tooth comb!
    >Any comments please?

    Yeah, beat the crap out of whoever put lop.com on your system.... Even
    if its yourself! ;-)

    John H. Guillory, Oct 20, 2003