Re: Spyder 2 and Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 3, 2011.

  1. Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > I have just put my old XP machine into semi-retirement and gone over
    > to real Gee-Whiz device running 64 bit Windows 7. I have been
    > disconcerted to find that my trusty Spyder 2 from ColorVision no
    > longer runs properly, even with the appropriate updated driver.

    If everything fails, you can always turn to free software.
    http://argyllcms.com/

    You'll need to use special (included) software to extract the
    firmware for the Spyder2.
    http://argyllcms.com/doc/spyd2en.html

    You'll probably want a nice GUI frontent like
    http://hoech.net/dispcalGUI/

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 3, 2011

  2. Eric Stevens <> wrote:

    > It's more than thirty years sonce I dealt with anything like that.
    > I think I would rather buy a new colorimeter that works before I got
    > bogged down in that.

    Fine with me --- but then I know how to use the M mode. :)

    In other posts you describe blindly hammering away at the problem on
    hunches and with no results ... I only deal with that if forced by paid
    work. I rather have something like Argyll.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 12, 2011