Re: Springsteen "Live in Barcelona" vs. U2's "Go Home - Live at Slane Castle" dvds

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goldfinger, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Goldfinger

    Goldfinger Guest

    "Thomas Bell" <> wrote in message

    > I was thinking it was kind of redundant for U2 to release another
    > Elevation tour video but after watching the Slane video, it really is a
    > different show despite the fact that only a few songs are different then
    > the "Live in Boston" dvd.

    I am rather disappointed with Bono's perfomance in the Slane DVD. Espcially
    in the 2nd half of the show when his voice was evidently cracking and he
    can't hit those high notes anymore. The emotional impact of such songs like
    Pride, With or Without You is lessened if Bono can't hit those notes.

    The first half is much better but perhaps Bono gave his best to the first
    half, he was running on empty after that. Granted, Bono has passed 40 years
    of age and it is only natural he can't do the same thing he could before,
    but it would be best if the band stay with indoor arena venus from now on.

    I watched the DVD last night on a 50" HDTV with full DTS system. A decade
    and a half ago, I watched the legendary Under The Blood Red Sky tape on a
    21" DVD with mono sound numerous time. And the later has is a much more
    emotionally rewarding experience than the former.
    Goldfinger, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Goldfinger

    DocAay Guest

    "Goldfinger" <> wrote in message
    > I am rather disappointed with Bono's perfomance in the Slane DVD.

    Espcially
    > in the 2nd half of the show when his voice was evidently cracking and he
    > can't hit those high notes anymore. The emotional impact of such songs

    like
    > Pride, With or Without You is lessened if Bono can't hit those notes.

    Holy Fucking Christ! (sorry)
    This gets really old. The man and the band had just come off a grueling
    tour. They'd played, what?, two or three gigs between Slane on Aug. 25 and
    this show. He'd buried his father a week before. You're complaining
    because his voice broke and he couldn't hit the high notes?
    As far as I know they haven't invented a man who could have done that,
    though with KingB they came very, very close.

    Doc
    DocAay, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Goldfinger

    ronnie biggs Guest

    I just got the Slane dvd today..I watch it and thought it was great, yea..is
    voice was a little off, but it was the moment, 80,000 people going nuts in
    your home country. I wish they put out a DVD of all their Elevation shows,
    they were great!!!

    ronnie biggs, Nov 22, 2003