Re: spooler problem with ip5000 printer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Plato, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Burt <> wrote in message
    <zEwfg.36950$>...

    > XP pro sp2 and Canon ip5000. When I bypass the spooler and send files
    > directly to the printer it prints just fine. When the spooler is in
    > use the printer doesn't print from any program, and the file goes
    > into the print queue. This locks up the fax and printer page and
    > prevents the unprinted file in the queue from being deleted. Other
    > programs get locked up as well. Restarting the computer initializes
    > the printer at which time the print job in the queue prints. my HP5p
    > works fine through the spooler. I have downloaded the most recent
    > canon driver, deleted the old driver and installed the new driver,
    > uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it a few times with no
    > improvement. Any advice on fixing the printer/spooler problem so I
    > can speed up my photo processing and printing?

    I haven't been able to plagiarise anything on that problem. I'm glad that
    you have chosen this newsgroup get your PC working again. It would be really
    nice to show your appreciation for my efforts by donating a mere $3 to help
    me continue to maintain my plagiarism.

    Thanks again for asking and good luck getting your PC back up.

    Ed.

    Plato, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Plato <|@|.|>, the effeminate-down-and-out and tinselly backyard prowler
    who likes deranged crank wanking with Persian cats, and whose partner is
    a working girl with puffy pork danglies, wrote in

    You forgot the link, www.buttdick.com

    --
    Lunch was nice;
    Profaned hyena breast and cormorant pustule extract under packed-up

    Banned Apache, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Plato

    relic Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > Burt <> wrote in message
    > <zEwfg.36950$>...
    >
    >> XP pro sp2 and Canon ip5000. When I bypass the spooler and send
    >> files directly to the printer it prints just fine. When the spooler
    >> is in use the printer doesn't print from any program, and the file
    >> goes into the print queue. This locks up the fax and printer page and
    >> prevents the unprinted file in the queue from being deleted. Other
    >> programs get locked up as well. Restarting the computer initializes
    >> the printer at which time the print job in the queue prints. my HP5p
    >> works fine through the spooler. I have downloaded the most recent
    >> canon driver, deleted the old driver and installed the new driver,
    >> uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it a few times with no
    >> improvement. Any advice on fixing the printer/spooler problem so I
    >> can speed up my photo processing and printing?

    > I haven't been able to plagiarise anything on that problem. I'm glad
    > that you have chosen this newsgroup get your PC working again. It
    > would be really nice to show your appreciation for my efforts by
    > donating a mere $3 to help me continue to maintain my plagiarism.
    >
    > Thanks again for asking and good luck getting your PC back up.
    >
    > Ed.

    See? Honesty IS the best policy.

    relic, Jun 1, 2006