Re: Spike Blows Into Town And Poses For The 200/2!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Mar 21, 2010.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong" <>
    wrote:
    : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all but
    : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and erect.
    : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is in
    : front of the old D3.
    :
    : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>

    Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?

    Bob
     
    Robert Coe, Mar 21, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Robert Coe

    Bowser Guest

    "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
    > but
    > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
    > erect.
    > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
    > in
    > : front of the old D3.
    > :
    > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >
    > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >
    > Bob


    It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
     
    Bowser, Mar 22, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Robert Coe

    James Nagler Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper <> wrote:

    >In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >> > <>
    >> > wrote:
    >> > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
    >> > but
    >> > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
    >> > erect.
    >> > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
    >> > in
    >> > : front of the old D3.
    >> > :
    >> > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >> >
    >> > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >> >
    >> > Bob

    >>
    >> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

    >
    >Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!


    When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear to troll
    a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with that troll. This
    must be just like everyone else without talent. Throw more money at what
    you want to do, that'll fix it!
     
    James Nagler, Mar 22, 2010
    #3
  4. Robert Coe

    LOL! Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:48:21 -0700, "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    >
    >
    >James Nagler wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >>>>> <>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>> Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I
    >>>>>> had all but given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still
    >>>>>> standing tall and erect. And, of course, he's not camera shy in
    >>>>>> the slightest when the 200/2 is in front of the old D3.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Bob
    >>>>
    >>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    >>>
    >>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

    >>
    >> When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear
    >> to troll a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with
    >> that troll. This must be just like everyone else without talent.
    >> Throw more money at what you want to do, that'll fix it!

    >
    >The only type more reprehensible is the one who blows into a newsgroup
    >to unload some kind of cathartic charge and whose entire ouvre
    >consists in polluting the area with such excreta.


    Awww... whatsa matter Boobie! Strike a nerve did it? The shoe fit so tight
    that it pinched your toes?

    LOL!!!!
     
    LOL!, Mar 22, 2010
    #4
  5. Robert Coe

    J. Clarke Guest

    On 3/22/2010 2:03 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <> said:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> Elliott Roper wrote:
    >>> In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >>>>> <>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>> Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I
    >>>>>> had all but given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still
    >>>>>> standing tall and erect. And, of course, he's not camera shy in
    >>>>>> the slightest when the 200/2 is in front of the old D3.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Bob
    >>>>
    >>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    >>>
    >>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

    >>
    >> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
    >> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.

    >
    > I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the
    > moniker "Spike."


    Several of them. Spike is or was a GBH with an object much like the one
    depicted protruding from his throat. IIRC the Fish and Wildlife people
    finally caught him and did the necessary repairs.
    >
     
    J. Clarke, Mar 22, 2010
    #5
  6. Robert Coe

    Bruce Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:37:14 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:
    >
    >Spike is or was a GBH with an object much like the one
    >depicted protruding from his throat. IIRC the Fish and Wildlife people
    >finally caught him and did the necessary repairs.



    Under Canon warranty? ;-)
     
    Bruce, Mar 22, 2010
    #6
  7. Robert Coe

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
    news:2010032211031316807-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
    > On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <> said:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> Elliott Roper wrote:
    >>> In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >>>>> <>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>> Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I
    >>>>>> had all but given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still
    >>>>>> standing tall and erect. And, of course, he's not camera shy in
    >>>>>> the slightest when the 200/2 is in front of the old D3.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Bob
    >>>>
    >>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    >>>
    >>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

    >>
    >> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
    >> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.

    >
    > I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the moniker
    > "Spike."


    There for a while there Bret had a lunch-time model that was a GBH called
    Spike. He had several good photos and then the wildlife commission came and
    rehabilitated the bird or so I've surmised. They were good photos except
    for the nail (spike) coming out its neck. GBH's are cool. One of the most
    graceful birds in flight to see.
     
    Tim Conway, Mar 22, 2010
    #7
  8. Robert Coe

    Peter Guest

    "James Nagler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >>> > <>
    >>> > wrote:
    >>> > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had
    >>> > all
    >>> > but
    >>> > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall
    >>> > and
    >>> > erect.
    >>> > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2
    >>> > is
    >>> > in
    >>> > : front of the old D3.
    >>> > :
    >>> > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    >>> >
    >>> > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    >>> >
    >>> > Bob
    >>>
    >>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

    >>
    >>Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

    >
    > When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear to troll
    > a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with that troll. This
    > must be just like everyone else without talent. Throw more money at what
    > you want to do, that'll fix it!



    Do we really know who the equipment owner is?

    --
    Peter
    Just a thought
     
    Peter, Mar 23, 2010
    #8
  9. Robert Coe

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Mar 22, 7:23 pm, "Tim Conway" <> wrote:
    >
    > There for a while there Bret had a lunch-time model that was a GBH called
    > Spike.  He had several good photos and then the wildlife commission came and
    > rehabilitated the bird or so I've surmised.  They were good photos except
    > for the nail (spike) coming out its neck.  GBH's are cool.  One of the most
    > graceful birds in flight to see.


    Actually, the wildlife guy told me they would probably injure the bird
    worse if they tried to capture him. The spike eventually worked it's
    way out on it's own.

    You can see pics of Spike starting here:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/68412685
     
    Annika1980, Mar 23, 2010
    #9
  10. Robert Coe

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Mar 22, 8:17 pm, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >
    > Do we really know who the equipment owner is?


    Yes.

    And it ain't me. As if I would ever shoot with a Nikon.
     
    Annika1980, Mar 23, 2010
    #10
  11. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:52:01 -0400, "Bowser" <> wrote:
    :
    :
    : "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    : > <>
    : > wrote:
    : > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
    : > but
    : > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
    : > erect.
    : > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
    : > in
    : > : front of the old D3.
    : > :
    : > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    : >
    : > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

    Yeah, I like the picture, for both its humorous composition and its technical
    excellence. It's just that for historical reasons I was expecting a dog.

    Bob
     
    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2010
    #11
  12. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:37:25 -0500, James Nagler <>
    wrote:
    : On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper <> wrote:
    :
    : >In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    : ><> wrote:
    : >
    : >> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : >> news:...
    : >> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    : >> > <>
    : >> > wrote:
    : >> > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
    : >> > but
    : >> > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
    : >> > erect.
    : >> > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
    : >> > in
    : >> > : front of the old D3.
    : >> > :
    : >> > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    : >> >
    : >> > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    : >> >
    : >> > Bob
    : >>
    : >> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    : >
    : >Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!
    :
    : When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear to troll
    : a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with that troll. This
    : must be just like everyone else without talent. Throw more money at what
    : you want to do, that'll fix it!

    Go to Hell.
     
    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2010
    #12
  13. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:17:44 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:
    :
    :
    :
    : On 3/22/10 1:03 PM, in article
    : 2010032211031316807-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
    : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    :
    : > On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <> said:
    : >
    : >>
    : >>
    : >> Elliott Roper wrote:
    : >>> In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    : >>> <> wrote:
    : >>>
    : >>>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : >>>> news:...
    : >>>>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    : >>>>> <>
    : >>>>> wrote:
    : >>>>>> Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I
    : >>>>>> had all but given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still
    : >>>>>> standing tall and erect. And, of course, he's not camera shy in
    : >>>>>> the slightest when the 200/2 is in front of the old D3.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> Bob
    : >>>>
    : >>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    : >>>
    : >>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!
    : >>
    : >> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
    : >> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.
    : >
    : > I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the
    : > moniker "Spike."
    :
    : The difference:
    :
    : If it was Bret, it was a Labrador.
    :
    : If it was Rita, it was a pile of dogshit.

    But alweays with the south end of the dog!

    Bob
     
    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2010
    #13
  14. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:23:56 -0400, "Tim Conway" <>
    wrote:
    :
    : "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
    : news:2010032211031316807-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
    : > On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <> said:
    : >
    : >>
    : >>
    : >> Elliott Roper wrote:
    : >>> In article <ReNpn.237$>, Bowser
    : >>> <> wrote:
    : >>>
    : >>>> "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    : >>>> news:...
    : >>>>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    : >>>>> <>
    : >>>>> wrote:
    : >>>>>> Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I
    : >>>>>> had all but given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still
    : >>>>>> standing tall and erect. And, of course, he's not camera shy in
    : >>>>>> the slightest when the 200/2 is in front of the old D3.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> Bob
    : >>>>
    : >>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.
    : >>>
    : >>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!
    : >>
    : >> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
    : >> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.
    : >
    : > I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the moniker
    : > "Spike."
    :
    : There for a while there Bret had a lunch-time model that was a GBH called
    : Spike. He had several good photos and then the wildlife commission came and
    : rehabilitated the bird or so I've surmised. They were good photos except
    : for the nail (spike) coming out its neck. GBH's are cool. One of the most
    : graceful birds in flight to see.

    They "rehabilitated" him because he used to mooch lunch from Bret? I don't
    recall that, and I'm not sure it passes the believability test.

    Bob
     
    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2010
    #14
  15. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:29:46 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 22, 8:17 pm, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Do we really know who the equipment owner is?

    >
    >Yes.
    >
    >And it ain't me. As if I would ever shoot with a Nikon.


    You're good enough that you'd probably get decent pix with a Holga.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Mar 23, 2010
    #15
  16. Frank ess wrote: James Nagler wrote:
    >>
    >> When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear
    >> to troll a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with
    >> that troll. This must be just like everyone else without talent.
    >> Throw more money at what you want to do, that'll fix it!

    >
    > The only type more reprehensible is the one who blows into a newsgroup
    > to unload some kind of cathartic charge and whose entire ouvre consists
    > in polluting the area with such excreta.
    >


    Nice turn of phrase, Frank, and right on the money.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    "Andre, a simple peasant, had only one thing on his mind as he crept
    along the East wall: 'Andre creep ... Andre creep ... Andre creep'."
     
    John McWilliams, Mar 23, 2010
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mcploppy ©

    New Worm Poses as Microsoft Patch

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 17, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    498
    Mcploppy ©
    Jul 17, 2003
  2. Au79

    TROJAN poses as plug and play patch

    Au79, Sep 3, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    399
    dwåcôn
    Sep 4, 2005
  3. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    400
    DVD Verdict
    Nov 4, 2003
  4. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    588
    DVD Verdict
    Jan 14, 2006
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,018
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page