Re: Spider Virus?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jun 13, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    mickeymuffin <> wrote in

    > have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
    > might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg, Malwarebytes'
    > Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho. anyone any
    > ideas?
    >
    > tried googling it and only got one similar
    >
    > http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
    >
    > Little spider looking bug virus?
    > there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried getting
    > it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side. it wasn't
    > going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen or
    > something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just expired.
    > what do i do?

    Change your screensaver to something you know.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 13, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    Buffalo Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > mickeymuffin <> wrote in
    >
    >> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
    >> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg,
    >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho.
    >> anyone any ideas?
    >>
    >> tried googling it and only got one similar
    >>
    >> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
    >>
    >> Little spider looking bug virus?
    >> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried
    >> getting it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side.
    >> it wasn't going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen
    >> or something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just
    >> expired. what do i do?

    > Change your screensaver to something you know.

    I believe he had his screensaver set to 'none'.
    Buffalo, Jun 13, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> mickeymuffin <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
    >>> might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg,
    >>> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho.
    >>> anyone any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> tried googling it and only got one similar
    >>>
    >>> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
    >>>
    >>> Little spider looking bug virus?
    >>> there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried
    >>> getting it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side.
    >>> it wasn't going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen
    >>> or something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just
    >>> expired. what do i do?

    >> Change your screensaver to something you know.

    > I believe he had his screensaver set to 'none'.

    The *windows* one. A add-on screensaver wouldn't show up in that. At least
    ones with their own front end that don't just use the file type. That
    would include any commercial ones to avoid a) undocumented windows code b)
    limitations of the windows screensaver code.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 13, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Previously:

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

    A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 14, 2009
  5. chuckcar

    Buffalo Guest

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

    Did the ctfmona.exe file also reappear?
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Jun 14, 2009
  6. chuckcar

    Buffalo Guest

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > On Jun 14, 1:17 am, "Buffalo" <> wrote:
    >> mickeymuffin wrote:
    >>> Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

    >> Did the ctfmona.exe file also reappear?
    >> Buffalo

    > no, but the 2 ctfmon.exe that i renamed as ctfmon.exxx are still there

    If the extension exe was changed to exxx, they will not execute.
    I was just curious.
    Hopefully someone will get you the solution.
    One of the links I read in Google mentioned something about using a
    'process explorere' to see what was running and that may uncover what
    process is running that causes the problem.
    Sorry I can't give you more help.
    Try googling more using 'spider on monitor' and 'insects on monitor'
    etc.
    Best of luck,
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Jun 14, 2009
  7. chuckcar

    Mike Easter Guest

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >>> have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen

    >> A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?

    > a display of an graphical insect

    .... then it is strange and misleading that you chose to use these words
    (from someone else) to help you describe your own problem.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 14, 2009
  8. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >my Norton thingy just expired.
    >> what do i do?

    He used the phrase "Norton thingy", My God, Norton is a guys first
    name!!!

    Jump on him!! infer he's inferior to you, like everybody else you
    reply to.

    Or do you just have something against Joevan.

    What did Joevan ever do to you?
    --

    Just one adventure of Mr. Gay
    http://www.fukung.net/v/11838/8df8187297e7169fc4940238e200fe39.jpg
  9. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    mickeymuffin <> wrote in

    > On Jun 14, 1:07 am, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    >> Previously:
    >>
    >> > have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen

    >> mickeymuffin wrote:
    >> > Aaaagggghhh, its back!!!!!

    >> A real insect or a display of an graphical insect?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    > a display of an graphical insect

    Just look in add/remove programs and see if *anything* listed has the word
    "screen saver" in it's name. In addition try looking in startup - the most
    likely place it's running from.

    start->run msconfig<enter>

    click on the tab marked startup and start looking for that exe file name
    you mentioned.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 15, 2009
  10. chuckcar

    danny_1952

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Québec
    I have many spiders crossing my screen while on Internet. I do not know if they go elsewhere. I only saw them on my mozilla Firefox screen so far. What is it? How to eliminate them?
    Here are my computer informations:
    Computer : Lenovo Win7PC
    Windows Performance: 3.3
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz
    Installed Memory: 2 Gig
    System: 64 bits

    I have Microsoft antivirus and Superantispyware installed and running.
    danny_1952, Jan 15, 2013