Re: Spider Virus?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, Jun 13, 2009.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > have a tiny "spider" crawling around on my computer screen, think it
    > might be a virus of some kind, ran spybot,ad aware, avg, Malwarebytes'
    > Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware nuthin showing tho. anyone any
    > ideas?
    >
    > tried googling it and only got one similar
    >
    > http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1020503AASwZ1x
    >
    > Little spider looking bug virus?
    > there's a little spider looking thing on my screen and i tried getting
    > it to crawl on a piece of paper so i could let it out side. it wasn't
    > going on it and i couldn't touch it. its inside the screen or
    > something. i'm thinking its a virus. my Norton thingy just expired.
    > what do i do?

    Try here:
    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?threadID=294266&start=15&tag=forum-w;forums06

    One of the suggesions was:
    "same problem- do a search for *.scr- there may be one called blackster-
    delete it. do a search for ctf*.*- you will find some recent files, perhaps
    ctfmona- it is an exe file- rename it and change the file extension to
    something else, I used exxx. that should get stop the bugs. good luck"

    Or read all the replies in that thread.
    PS: Try going into the Control Panel and setting the screensaver to 'none'.
    Buffalo, Jun 13, 2009

  2. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    mickeymuffin wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 2:55 pm, "Buffalo" <> wrote:
    > thanks for the constructive help Buffalo, nothing for blackster.scr
    > but found the ctfmona.exe file and renamed it, seems to have worked
    > (also the screensaver setting was at "none")

    Happy to hear it worked.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Jun 13, 2009