Re: ? Speed up Firefox. Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Ralph Fox, Jul 1, 2009.

  1. Ralph Fox

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:19:21 +0100, in message <>
    Tom <> wrote:

    > I found this in another news group.
    > Anyone ever tried this?

    It has been doing the rounds for several years.
    I have tried it briefly.

    > Firefox has got good tweaking for increasing the speed of your
    > internet especially on broadband.Follow the rules which I'm mentioning
    > below and it will increase the speed of your internet
    >
    > 1.Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down
    > and look for the following entries: network.http.pipelining
    > network.http.proxy.pipelining network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
    > Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time.
    > When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really
    > speeds up page loading.

    HTTP pipelining is not compatible with some web sites.
    • Common symptoms are that half of the images on the web page
    don't load.
    • Less common symptoms are that page loading hangs completely
    (the browser and the web server are each waiting for the other
    one to make the next move).

    By all means take it for a test drive, but be ready to turn it off
    if you see either of these symptoms.

    > 2. Alter the entries as follows:Set "network.http.pipelining" to
    > "true"Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"Set
    > "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30.
    > This means it will make 30 requests at once.3. Lastly right-click
    > anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it
    > "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is
    > the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it
    > recieves

    In a perfect world (up in the clouds), all web servers which claim
    to support HTTP version 1.1 would support pipelining.

    In the real world (with our feet on the ground), a significant number
    of web servers claim to support HTTP version 1.1 but do not support
    pipelining.

    > read more
    > http://downloadphotoshop1.blogspot.com/

    And read this