    discussed that here?

    See Steven R Young posting history:

    http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

    Pierre Jarvois, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Pierre Jarvois

    Steve Young Guest

    "Pierre Jarvois" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Steve Young is spoofing different identitities to carry conversations
    > with himself.

    I don't believe I've talked to myself, though I could be wrong
    (maybe a time or two). It would be termed killfile avoidance,
    an old trick, I learned from Blackie Cat, when he and I did time in
    Big BoB's pokey. A time honored Usenet tradition and a fan thriller
    for sure <grin> I know some people will remember those enjoyable
    days of Special Agent, John Navass and the sorts. I'll count on
    the good folks here to tell me if they want me to put em back in the drawer.

    > Check the headers.

    > He is playing all of us for fools.
    >
    > In this conversation, he uses 3 different identities:
    > Steve Young, Plug Nickel, dubl clutch
    >
    > He claims he is a member of this community, but this community
    > discusses photography. When was the last time Steve young has
    > discussed that here?
    >
    > See Steven R Young posting history:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

    nothing spoofed

    socks my friend, all with valid emails that reply to me

    so talk to me

    do we want to fix Usenet, so our group problems can find cure?

    --
    A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    Steve Young, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Pierre Jarvois

    Frank ess Guest

    Pierre Jarvois wrote:
    > Steve Young is spoofing different identitities to carry conversations
    > with himself.
    >
    > Check the headers.
    >
    > He is playing all of us for fools.
    >
    > In this conversation, he uses 3 different identities:
    > Steve Young, Plug Nickel, dubl clutch
    >
    > He claims he is a member of this community, but this community
    > discusses photography. When was the last time Steve young has
    > discussed that here?
    >
    > See Steven R Young posting history:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

    Whirrr. Click. Click. Click.

    Nothing personal. You've been ignored by the
    Ignore-Repliers-to-Trolls-and-Other-Miscreants Robot.

    Sorry.

    --
    Robignorator

    Frank ess, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Pierre Jarvois

    McLeod Guest

    "Steve Young" <> wrote in message
    <grin> I know some people will remember those enjoyable
    > days of Special Agent, John Navass and the sorts. I'll count on
    > the good folks here to tell me if they want me to put em back in the

    drawer.

    You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
    equipment why don't you go play them in another group? Does it make you
    feel smarter than everyone else to play with sock puppets? A secret only
    you know about? Why do you feel you need that superiority? What was your
    home life like? Were you ignored by your parents, shunned by your
    classmates? Not quite good enough to hang with the real smart kids but
    always picked on by the jocks? Now you're kind of a script kiddy, but not
    real knowledgeable about computers. You still need your secret to feel good
    about yourself...I think I understand you now. Someday you'll feel better
    about yourself, maybe meet a girl, or boy if you prefer and find there's
    better things to do.

    McLeod, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Pierre Jarvois

    Steve Young Guest

    > McLeod" <> wrote
    > You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
    > equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

    <politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>

    Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?
    Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire? The core group of regulars
    would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as the
    community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded. *That* *was*
    *community*, *in action*

    Steve Young
    --
    A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    Steve Young, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Pierre Jarvois

    John Navas Guest

    In <_PS%b.108193$> on Sat, 28 Feb
    2004 02:14:18 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >> McLeod" <> wrote
    >> You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
    >> equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

    ><politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>
    >
    >Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?

    That's what I would want. ( Oh, the irony of your statement! :)

    >Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire?

    Only if proper procedures are followed.

    >The core group of regulars
    >would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as the
    >community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded. *That* *was*
    >*community*, *in action*

    I think it was most likely just the natural course of things, albeit boosted a
    bit by a few power users. The *community* wasn't *in action*, and didn't help
    -- if anything, the *community* simply served to encourage the troll.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Feb 28, 2004
  7. Pierre Jarvois

    Steve Young Guest

    > >> McLeod" <> wrote
    > >> You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
    > >> equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

    > ><politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>

    > >Steve Young" <> wrote:

    > >Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?

    > "John Navas" <> wrote

    > That's what I would want.

    >( Oh, the irony of your statement! :)

    sometimes I talk in tongues <grin>

    > >Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire?

    > Only if proper procedures are followed.

    k, have you been able to come up with a cite?

    > >The core group of regulars
    > >would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as
    > >the community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded.
    > >*That* *was* *community*, *in action*

    > I think it was most likely just the natural course of things, albeit boosted a
    > bit by a few power users. The *community* wasn't *in action*, and didn't help
    > -- if anything, the *community* simply served to encourage the troll.

    owh, I'll bet more than just a few people sent reports
    (I didn't come up with the lotto killer ID,. you have any better luck?:)

    Steve
    --
    A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    Steve Young, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Pierre Jarvois

    John Navas Guest

    <http://www.landfield.com/usenet/>