Re: SPA3102 Locked up and no reset button??????????

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by dippydoc, Dec 27, 2008.

  1. dippydoc

    dippydoc Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    >I have a SPA3102 I bought 18 months ago and I am only just getting
    > round to using it. Problem arose when I was accessing the unit via the
    > web page based set-up menu, something crashed out, now I cannot access
    > the unit at all, not by web page nor IVR. I know the unit is alive
    > because if you leave the handset off the hook for long enough, it
    > sends out a tone. The unit was not locked to any VOIP company and I
    > did have it working briefly, when I first bought the unit.
    >
    > There is no reset button, as their infuriating web site help page
    > system keeps telling me to press. I tried contacting them, but that's
    > a waste of time, they never reply.
    >
    > I did read on a forum somewhere, that there is a software based repair
    > tool for fixing this problem, but looks like it is a "in-house" bit of
    > kit which is not generally available.
    >
    > Can anybody please help me, I chose this model as it does everything I
    > want.
    >
    > Has anybody got access to this software repair tool?
    >
    > I am a competent electronics engineer, so if there is anyway to reset
    > the unit from the inside?
    >
    > Have they changed the design, if so does the latest ones come with a
    > reset button?
    >
    > Can somebody recommend an alternative make/model with the same spec?
    >
    > Mark in Spain.

    Have you tried dialling 877778 or 73738 ? If either of those work,
    you'll be prompted to press 1 to confirm or * to cancel a factory reset.

    dippydoc, Dec 27, 2008

  2. dippydoc

    Woody Guest

    "dippydoc" <> wrote in message

    > "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a SPA3102 I bought 18 months ago and I am only just getting
    >> round to using it. Problem arose when I was accessing the unit via
    >> the
    >> web page based set-up menu, something crashed out, now I cannot
    >> access
    >> the unit at all, not by web page nor IVR. I know the unit is alive
    >> because if you leave the handset off the hook for long enough, it
    >> sends out a tone. The unit was not locked to any VOIP company and I
    >> did have it working briefly, when I first bought the unit.
    >>
    >> There is no reset button, as their infuriating web site help page
    >> system keeps telling me to press. I tried contacting them, but that's
    >> a waste of time, they never reply.
    >>
    >> I did read on a forum somewhere, that there is a software based
    >> repair
    >> tool for fixing this problem, but looks like it is a "in-house" bit
    >> of
    >> kit which is not generally available.
    >>
    >> Can anybody please help me, I chose this model as it does everything
    >> want.
    >>
    >> Has anybody got access to this software repair tool?
    >>
    >> I am a competent electronics engineer, so if there is anyway to reset
    >> the unit from the inside?
    >>
    >> Have they changed the design, if so does the latest ones come with a
    >> reset button?
    >>
    >> Can somebody recommend an alternative make/model with the same spec?
    >>
    >> Mark in Spain.

    > Have you tried dialling 877778 or 73738 ? If either of those work,
    > you'll be prompted to press 1 to confirm or * to cancel a factory
    > reset.

    Er, not quite right.

    Plug in a normal analogue phone and dial **** which will activate the
    interactive voice response (IVR.)

    Then enter 73738 and confirm with 1 for factory default reset.
    Enter 877778 and confirm 1 for user facory default reset (whatever that
    means.)

    Go to www.linksys.com and search for SPA2000, then select the
    appropriate FAQ which lists all of the IVR actions.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

    Woody, Dec 27, 2008

  3. dippydoc

    Graham. Guest

    > Plug in a normal analogue phone and dial **** which will activate the
    > interactive voice response (IVR.)

    And don't let the absence of a dial tone discourage you from trying this.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 27, 2008
  4. dippydoc

    Woody Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:21:24 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Plug in a normal analogue phone and dial **** which will activate
    >>> the
    >>> interactive voice response (IVR.)

    >>And don't let the absence of a dial tone discourage you from trying
    >>this.

    > No the unit would not respond to IVR commands.

    When you plug the phone in and pick up the handset, is there any
    sidetone (i.e. can you hear the mic through the earpiece as in a
    'normal' phone? If not then check you phone connection and adapter if
    you are using one. If there is sidetone then it looks like the unit is
    beggered.

    Woody, Dec 30, 2008
  5. dippydoc

    Graham. Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:21:24 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Plug in a normal analogue phone and dial **** which will activate the
    >>> interactive voice response (IVR.)

    >>And don't let the absence of a dial tone discourage you from trying this.

    > No the unit would not respond to IVR commands.

    Clearly you do not own a Linksys or Sipura product!
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 30, 2008
  6. dippydoc

    Graham. Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message

    >>>And don't let the absence of a dial tone discourage you from trying this.

    >> No the unit would not respond to IVR commands.

    > Clearly you do not own a Linksys or Sipura product!

    Oh shit, you are the OP!
    I assure you you don't get a dial tone until it has been configured.
    Unless yours is faulty, 4 stars should respond with "configuration menu"
    Have you tried?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 30, 2008
  7. dippydoc

    Graham. Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:37:10 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Clearly you do not own a Linksys or Sipura product!

    >>Oh shit, you are the OP!
    >>I assure you you don't get a dial tone until it has been configured.
    >>Unless yours is faulty, 4 stars should respond with "configuration menu"
    >>Have you tried?

    > Graham, yes tried all that stuff, don't want to be direspectful but I
    > did mention in the original post that the SPA3102 does generate a
    > "off-hook" alarm tone, when the handset is left off the hook for too
    > long.

    Ok, my apologies.
    Besides thinking you were a third party, I took your answer to mean you
    didn't believe it would respond with no DT.
    Sorry.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 30, 2008
  8. dippydoc

    Woody Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:37:10 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Clearly you do not own a Linksys or Sipura product!

    >>Oh shit, you are the OP!
    >>I assure you you don't get a dial tone until it has been configured.
    >>Unless yours is faulty, 4 stars should respond with "configuration
    >>menu"
    >>Have you tried?

    > Graham, yes tried all that stuff, don't want to be direspectful but I
    > did mention in the original post that the SPA3102 does generate a
    > "off-hook" alarm tone, when the handset is left off the hook for too
    > long.

    Just a thought. Are you using an analogue phone of the type that sends
    fixed DTMF tones - that is no matter how long you hold down a key it
    only sends a short burst of tones? If so it may be that the tones are
    not long enough for the ATA to respond.

    IMSMC the minimum duration for DTMF sending is 40mS. Most modems send
    (by default) 70mS tone bursts when dialling, but I have come across
    instances where 100mS or even 120mS is needed to guarantee decoding.

    Try another phone if you have one handy.

    Woody, Dec 30, 2008