Re: SPA3102: can't dial out through PSTN from phone memory

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 02:12:22 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Jose wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> while I can easily access my PSTN from the phone's keyboard, dialing
    >> #0 folowed by phone number, after storing, say, #0123456789 in a phone
    >> memory, I can use that memory to dial exactly the same number ...
    >>
    >> Any sugestions, please?

    >Have you tried adding a pause after the #0 You might needto check phone
    >operation as to what needs to be entered for a pause.
    >
    >Pete

    If, as I understand it, the SPA is geared up to receive strings
    starting with #0 and route them to gw0, inserting a pause, in the
    phone, won't help.
    Certainly, when accessing a voip network in the same way requires no
    delay at all. It is the SPA that is doing the 'decoding'.
    I have noticed, since setting up an SPA-3102, in conjunction with a
    PSTN line, that there does seem to be a delay before the call is
    routed. I guess that is due, in some part at least, to the DTMF that
    will have to be sent by the SPA-3102. The SPA I set up recently routed
    0800 and 0808 via PSTN. Dialling those numbers worked perfectly but
    the connection, when compared to dialling via voip, was significantly
    slower.
    You could experiment a bit to try and pinpoint the problem.
    What happens if you:-
    1. include a comma after #0.
    For example:
    <#0,:>xx.<:mad:gw0>

    2.. try
    <#0,:0044800800150><:mad:gw0>
    Should call BT when #0 is dialled.

    3. include a comma and S0..
    <#0,:>xx.S0<:mad:gw0>

    Please report back with the results :)

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Apr 27, 2008

  2. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:57:25 GMT, (Jose) wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:52:40 GMT, Brian A
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>What happens if you:-
    >>1. include a comma after #0.
    >>For example:
    >><#0,:>xx.<:mad:gw0>
    >>
    >>2.. try
    >><#0,:0044800800150><:mad:gw0>
    >>Should call BT when #0 is dialled.
    >>
    >>3. include a comma and S0..
    >><#0,:>xx.S0<:mad:gw0>
    >>
    >>Please report back with the results :)

    >Hi Brian,
    >
    >1 comma was sometimes enough, but not always... So, I added 2 commas:
    ><#0,,:>x.<:mad:gw0> Like that, it alway works!

    Good! I was interested in your results using two commas - I've never
    tried that one.

    >I still have a problem though: when I call any service that prompts me
    >to press this or that number, or a certain code, if use either the
    >cordless Voip phone, or the corded Voip one, the service cann never
    >recognize which number(s) I'm pressing.
    >If I use the PSTN phone attached to the SPA, the same services never
    >fail to recognize the numbers I enter through the phone...
    >
    >Any sugestions on this one, please?
    >
    >Thanks a lot!
    >Jose

    Yes. The answer to this one is, in your settings, set DTMF to 'INFO'
    I think that this will cure it.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    ---
    Brian A, Apr 28, 2008