RE: SP3

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 19, 2008.

  1. "Shane" <> wrote in message

    > I took the 70-271 exam today and there were several questions that included
    > SP2!
    >
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:
    >
    > > "Johann" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > I wouldn't expect there'd be many changes being made to the XP exams at this
    > > > stage in its lifecycle, but I haven't heard anything official either way from
    > > > Microsoft.

    > > Microsoft does not include SPs in exams, nor individual hot fixes. This
    > > is because not everyone deploys such updates.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft's Six Steps to Certifications -
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/sixsteps.mspx

    While your question(s) may have contained the words, Service Pack 2 or
    SP2. I seriously doubt that one question was specifically geared toward
    Service Pack 2 itself, it's benefits or installation.

    Just to backup my previous, this was stated from Rob Linsky, Microsoft
    Certification: "We stripped out all the content in the exams that was
    rendered obsolete by SP2 but did not seed in any content specifically
    for SP2. We typically handle service packs and "dot" releases this way
    as many customers take a long time to implement and/or use the updates."

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 19, 2008