Re: Source for frames and precut matte

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by The Queen of Cans and Jars, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Andrew McDonald <> wrote:

    > I have an 11x17 print and a 16x20 frame. Is there some place to
    > purchase frames and precut mattes?
    >
    > I just don't know if I want to invest in the tools and materials for the
    > small amount of framing I am likely to do.

    Light Impressions should have everything you need:

    http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping
    The Queen of Cans and Jars, Jul 14, 2003

  2. The Queen of Cans and Jars

    Robertwgross Guest

    dhrravr wrote:
    >Light Impressions should have everything you need:

    Geez. Yes, but their prices are almost nine or ten times what I pay for mattes.
    I guess that is the price you pay for the inconvenience of buying online. Try
    Wal-Mart.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Robertwgross <> wrote:

    > dhrravr wrote:
    > >Light Impressions should have everything you need:

    > Geez. Yes, but their prices are almost nine or ten times what I pay for
    > mattes. I guess that is the price you pay for the inconvenience of buying
    > online. Try Wal-Mart.

    sure, that works...if you want your artwork to look like it was framed
    at wal-mart.
    The Queen of Cans and Jars, Jul 14, 2003
  4. The Queen of Cans and Jars

    Robertwgross Guest

    dhrravr wrote:
    >sure, that works...if you want your artwork to look like it was framed
    >at wal-mart.

    No, I frame them myself, using only standard frame sizes. So the standard
    mattes from Wal-Mart are behind the glass.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Jul 14, 2003
  5. The Queen of Cans and Jars

    Scott Ranger Guest

    Yes, light impressions is expensive. Try these folks, I use the regularly:

    www.americanframe.com

    Prices and service are great. Same Nielsen aluminum frames, and they cut my
    matte and backing boards to my exact specifications. I like this, because I
    don't print everthing the same size (unlike my brother!).

    Scott Ranger
    Scott Ranger, Jul 14, 2003