Re: Sound distortion

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gavin McPheeters, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. Preferred Customer <> wrote in message

    > I have a Dell Dimension 3000 2.8GZ computer with 1.25 GB of RAM.
    >
    > About 6 months ago the became distorted. The best description of this
    > distortion is that the sound breaks up when a song is playing.
    >
    > So far the following fixes have not worked:
    >
    > I switched speakers but the same distortion comes through on different
    > speakers.
    >
    > I added RAM - increasing from 512 MB to 1.25 GB ( based on a
    > recommendation from someone on your site) but the same distortion
    > came through after the change.
    >
    > I switched my music player from Dell music match jukebox to Windows
    > media player 11 but the same distortion came through after the change.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this?

    Check to see if you have speech enabled - do you have a mic' connected?

    Do you have on-board sound integrated with your motherboard?

    If you have a sound card, remove it (dust it off) check 'pins' and
    reposition.

    Have you updated the BIOS where an update has been made available.

    Have you checked CODEC - google for appropriate audio codec for your set-up.
    Gavin McPheeters, Dec 22, 2008