Re: Sound card suggestions, please.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JMI, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. JMI

    JMI Guest

    Ok, how would anyone describe the difference between the Audigy and Audigy 2
    cards. I liked my Audigy card (that is before it went tits up on me!). Is
    there a noticable difference in sound quality?

    AND how about the M-AUDIO Revolution 7.1? Any opinions on it?

    Lastly, how would the sound quality of the Extigy and Audigy 2 cards
    compare?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    I've done lots of reading, and I've almost decided on the Audigy 2
    "JMI" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I think my sound card (SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer) has failed and it's well
    > past the warranty time. So I'm looking for a new Sound Card. I'd like to
    > find one for $125 or less. I've seen the SounBlasterd Extigy and the
    > Audigy 2 in that price range. Is one better than the other? I don't

    think
    > I really need the external sound device and all it's connections. I just
    > need an out, an in, and a mic. But which one delivers better sound. My
    > stereo is my computer and my computer is my stereo! I listen to music A

    LOT
    > (since I've got about 70 hours of music on my hard drive! Some downloaded
    > and many from my CD collection!)
    >
    > I use Windows XP and I also play games like Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal
    > 2, Porsche Unleashed, and just recently purchased Enter the Matrix. So I
    > guess game sound quality is also a requirement but I value music over

    games.

    JMI, Jul 10, 2003

  2. JMI

    Peter Parker Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:19:51 -0400, "JMI" <> wrote:

    >Ok, how would anyone describe the difference between the Audigy and Audigy 2
    >cards. I liked my Audigy card (that is before it went tits up on me!). Is
    >there a noticable difference in sound quality?

    I haver an Audigy2 but never owned an Audigy so can't comment on sound
    difference.

    >AND how about the M-AUDIO Revolution 7.1? Any opinions on it?

    I've read it's the best soundiing consumer level soundcard availalble.
    But it doesn't do Directsound hardware acceleration so if you are
    looking to buy it for gaming then it's probably not the best choice if
    you care about frame rates.

    >Lastly, how would the sound quality of the Extigy and Audigy 2 cards
    >compare?

    I know someone in this thread said the cpu toll this soundcard causes
    is not a big deal. But it would be to me. I don't spend big bucks on
    video cards so I can have my PC's performance dragged down by a sound
    card.

    Peter Parker, Jul 11, 2003