Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Weisselberg, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <>, David Dyer-Bennet says...

    >> It's mostly a problem when your eye isn't on the viewfinder, which isn't
    >> very common.

    > That depends on how you shoot ;-)

    How do *you* shoot with an SLR?

    Lomo-style?

    > But even viewfinder-shooters would have this problem when the camera is
    > on a tripod.

    The problem appears only in very few circumstances, and when
    you use a tripod *and* it's darkish *and* strong light shines
    into the viewfinder ... well, the camera either has a small
    rubber cover for the viewfinder on the strap (which you don't
    need on a tripod) or a manual shutter for the viewfinder,
    which you can open and close with a dedicated lever.

    The lag between the light entering the EVIL's lens and the
    display in the EV is *much* *much* more of a problem and it's
    in every situation that's not static. Do you consider that as
    crippling or as a real limitation? So why should we consider
    covering the viewfinder in rare situations as a problem?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Dec 16, 2012