Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chris Malcolm, Dec 9, 2012.

  1. In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <>, David Dyer-Bennet says...
    >> Which is why a completely separate sensor (system) is used for
    >> metering.

    > Ok but Sony SLT cameras and all mirrorless can meter with the main
    > sensor, so have an advantage here over classical DSLRs.

    Plus the earlier technology Sony alphas which had a separate live view
    image sensor (A300 & 350 at least) used that sensor, when it was
    activated, for exposure assessment. I recall some reviewers of the
    A350 mentioning how amazingly well the A350 in live view mode managed
    on autoexposure to avoid overexposing small highlights.

    --
    Chris Malcolm
    Chris Malcolm, Dec 9, 2012