Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Trevor, Dec 6, 2012.

  1. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I know what you're gonna say next - spot meter! Well, what if the object
    > in
    > question has a wide tonal range? Spot meter no good....

    Spot meter is fine if you know where to point it. If not it would be as
    useless as the person holding it.

    > Or you could just shoot manual!

    90% of the time I do. I like to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to
    suit the image requirements, not just the exposure.

    Trevor.
    Trevor, Dec 6, 2012

  2. Trevor

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, December 6, 2012 11:57:47 AM UTC, Trevor wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I know what you're gonna say next - spot meter! Well, what if the object

    > > in

    > > question has a wide tonal range? Spot meter no good....

    > Spot meter is fine if you know where to point it. If not it would be as
    >
    > useless as the person holding it.
    >

    > > Or you could just shoot manual!

    > 90% of the time I do. I like to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to
    >
    > suit the image requirements, not just the exposure.
    >

    > Trevor.

    What effect does altering the ISO have on the image.
    personally I'd have included DOF as somethingn I like to control more than the ISO.
    Whisky-dave, Dec 6, 2012