Re: Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Laszlo Lebrun, Nov 28, 2012.

  1. On 24.11.2012 11:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/22/sony-tells-dslr-owners-youre-
    > idiots_n_2174844.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Technology
    >
    > Probably there is some truth behind it, i.e. lots of DSLR shooters not
    > knowing how to use their camera.

    Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
    focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)
    But I have got the legacy lenses and am not ready to repurchase
    everything in a different technology.

    --
    One computer and three operating systems, not the other way round.
    One wife and many hotels, not the other way round ! ;-)

    Laszlo Lebrun, Nov 28, 2012

  2. Laszlo Lebrun <> wrote:
    >On 24.11.2012 11:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/22/sony-tells-dslr-owners-youre-
    >> idiots_n_2174844.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Technology
    >>
    >> Probably there is some truth behind it, i.e. lots of DSLR shooters not
    >> knowing how to use their camera.
    >>

    >Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
    >focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)

    YOU are the photographer. Why don't YOU decide what to focus on?

    >But I have got the legacy lenses and am not ready to repurchase
    >everything in a different technology.

    Depending on brand, you can adapt your legacy lenses to a smaller,
    lighter system. You can even get Canon EF lenses to mount on a Sony
    NEX body *with autofocus that works*!

    Anthony Polson, Nov 28, 2012

  3. Laszlo Lebrun

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/28/2012 1:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:36:57 +0000, Anthony Polson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Laszlo Lebrun <> wrote:

    >>> Maybe i'm not knowing everything about my DSLR, especially not why it
    >>> focuses preferably on useless crap. ;-)

    >> YOU are the photographer. Why don't YOU decide what to focus on?

    > I thought Brits understood irony.

    You expect Brucie to understand anything approaching complex thinking.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Nov 28, 2012