Re: Sony Mavica MVC-CD500

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Cordes, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Paul Cordes

    Paul Cordes Guest

    "Simon" <homerjsimpson@_NO_SPAM_blueyonder.co.uk_NO_SPAM_> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just purchased a CD500 and have returned from a Greek break with some
    > impressive photos (by my standards in any case! )
    >
    > It's a great camera but its main (only?) failing is its limited zoom and I
    > would love to be able to add a 2x-3x telephoto lens to make it complete.
    >
    > However, my local store has advised me that it's not possible to do this

    and
    > has presented me with an email from Sony as confirmation.
    >
    > I find this puzzling since even Ebay seems to be littered with lenses
    > purporting to do the job.
    >
    > So who is right? The Ebay sellers or Sony? Has anyone extended the zoom on

    > CD500 successfully? And if so, could they offer me any pointers?
    >
    > Many thanks

    While I believe that you can mount a tele and wide adapters if you have the
    VAD adapter.....I'm not positive as I don't have the camera.
    Ask here http://www.mavican.nu/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1
    Paul Cordes, Aug 24, 2003