Re: Sony Digital Cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JK, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    I guess they haven't tried taking photos indoors with the lens at the
    telephoto end without using a tripod or the flash?

    JK, Aug 13, 2003

  2. JK

    ERich10983 Guest

    I've had my F707 for exactly one year. I just passed 9000 exposures while
    documenting my town's bicentennial celebration this past weekend with another
    550 shots. It still works as advertised with few problems that can't be traced
    to my errors.

    A satisfied user

    Earle Rich
    Mont Vernon, NH
    ERich10983, Aug 13, 2003

  3. My Konica KD500Z has the same issues with low light situations, but I
    find it an excellent choice for those things which it is suited for.
    Not every camera has to be a super-fast, low light performer to be
    excellent, JK. In low light, I either use it with a table top tripod or
    switch to my F717. The Sony should do a little better in low light
    because it supports ISO 400, albeit at the cost of increased noise in
    the image.

    Also, most of the time when you're shooting indoors without flash,
    you're not at a telephoto setting either so you have up to f/2.8 light
    gathering power.

    You just cannot make an ultra compact with a fast, long lens. The two
    design ideas are incompatible.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Aug 13, 2003