Re: Sony Digital Cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rogério Moreira, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. I own a V1 camera from Sony for about a month. So far I have not came across
    any problems, and it performs greatly under low light situations (a thing
    Canon G's do not...), has a short shutter lag (something Oly 5050 does not)
    and takes great pics. Only issue is the short battery time, but I bought a
    second one and everything goes fine.

    Memory Stick is ok, just a bit pricey.

    By the way, I hear very little from sony users in this group...

    rogerio.

    "Alan Dempster" <> wrote in message
    > Afternoon boys and girls...
    >
    > I'm currently looking for a spankin' new Sony Digital Camera. I wondered

    if

    Rogério Moreira, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Rogério Moreira

    Pete Guest

    "Rogério Moreira" <> wrote in message

    > Memory Stick is ok, just a bit pricey.
    >
    > By the way, I hear very little from sony users in this group...
    >
    > rogerio.

    I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
    Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
    constant castigations
    on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary batteries
    etc.
    and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see anything
    wrong.
    So they buggered off.
    I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
    http://www.sonycams.com/

    Pete F707 & DSC-P1
    www.petegray.com
    Pete, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Pete wrote in part:

    > I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
    > Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
    > constant castigations
    > on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary batteries
    > etc.
    > and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see anything
    > wrong.
    > So they buggered off.
    > I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
    > http://www.sonycams.com/

    Where the unbelievable COVER UP continues. No mention on your website of
    the worldwide Communist Gangster Memory Stick God, the NightShot
    Eyesight Television, the InfoLithium-powered Earphone Radio, the
    man-made, Sony Entertainment sponsored INSIDE OUT PLANETS! THE NEW FAKE
    STARRY SKY! For revealing these TRUTHS I have been HOUNDED by spies,
    Assassins(TM), even convenience store clerks attempting to jab me with
    the DEADLY TOUCH Tabun Needle when giving change.

    Sony Memory Stick Worldwide Eternal Living Death Slavery to the
    unbelievable Sony overall plan of world domination through this
    "technology," I now must go to death for your lowest guttermouth
    gangsterization crimes against me for warning rec.photo.digital about
    this incredible Memory Stick plot against humanity.

    Warning Sony users and your parroting puppet slaves, don't forget that
    you too are EXPENDABLE, and subject to sneak hangman rope undetectable
    EXTERMINATION. Make copies for yourself.

    Sincerely,
    The Ghost of Francis E. Dec, Esq.
    (http://www.ubu.com/sound/dec.html)
    --

    It Came From C. L. "Don't even get me started on 'Invisible Personnel'"
    Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
    Unclaimed Mysteries, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Rogério Moreira

    Pete Guest

    "Unclaimed Mysteries" <> wrote in message
    > Pete wrote in part:
    >

    > > I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
    > > Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
    > > constant castigations
    > > on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary

    batteries
    > > etc.
    > > and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see

    anything
    > > wrong.
    > > So they buggered off.
    > > I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
    > > http://www.sonycams.com/

    > Where the unbelievable COVER UP continues. No mention on your website of
    > the worldwide Communist Gangster Memory Stick God, the NightShot
    > Eyesight Television, the InfoLithium-powered Earphone Radio, the
    > man-made, Sony Entertainment sponsored INSIDE OUT PLANETS! THE NEW FAKE
    > STARRY SKY! For revealing these TRUTHS I have been HOUNDED by spies,
    > Assassins(TM), even convenience store clerks attempting to jab me with
    > the DEADLY TOUCH Tabun Needle when giving change.
    >
    > Sony Memory Stick Worldwide Eternal Living Death Slavery to the
    > unbelievable Sony overall plan of world domination through this
    > "technology," I now must go to death for your lowest guttermouth
    > gangsterization crimes against me for warning rec.photo.digital about
    > this incredible Memory Stick plot against humanity.
    >
    > Warning Sony users and your parroting puppet slaves, don't forget that
    > you too are EXPENDABLE, and subject to sneak hangman rope undetectable
    > EXTERMINATION. Make copies for yourself.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > The Ghost of Francis E. Dec, Esq.
    > (http://www.ubu.com/sound/dec.html)
    > --
    >
    > It Came From C. L. "Don't even get me started on 'Invisible Personnel'"
    > Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
    > http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    My goodness I think you're right, after living in Japan for
    3 years I've obviously been infected by Evil Sony Nanobots
    spiked in the Pocari Sweat , and subliminal messages beamed
    to me by my Evil Sony Satellite Decoder and hidden in my Evil Sony Hi-Fi
    not forgetting the mind altering waves from my Evil Sony Phone.
    I just realised I went and bought a Sony Clie on Monday. I could
    swear I went in for a Palm Tungsten. I must leave this place soon
    and get back to England where I can buy homemade unreliable
    products with poor service.

    Please excuse me now, I feel a strange compulsion to buy a Sony Wega
    Widescreen TV and Sony Video Cam plus as many memory sticks and lithium-ion
    batteries as I can

    Long Live Ohga san
    Long Live Idei san

    Pete
    Tokyo (The place where the lovely Sony people are)
    Pete, Aug 13, 2003
  5. There are quite a number of us here, but we don't have too much to
    bitch about. The Sony Talk Forum and other venues specific to Sony
    users are extremely active, mostly with people asking for and getting
    good advice, and showing pictures.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Aug 13, 2003