Re: Sony beats Nikon to FF mirrorless

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Ciszek, Sep 13, 2012.

  1. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:
    >However, it is fixed lens with no electronic VF so you have to
    >be...disciplined to use it.
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx1/2
    >
    >Kind of expensive at $2800, more than the now-dead A850.

    Fixed focal length
    Can't remove the lens
    No viewfinder, optical or electronic
    Expensive

    Does it have any *good* features? Are there any advantages to it
    being mirrorless? The advantages of a mirrorless camera mainly
    have to do with being able to put lenses in places you otherwise
    couldn't. For example, I can get adapters for my micro four thirds
    that guarantee focus at infinity for other manufacturer's lenses.

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

    Paul Ciszek, Sep 13, 2012

  2. Paul Ciszek

    Me Guest

    On 13/09/2012 11:05 a.m., Paul Ciszek wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Rich <> wrote:
    >> However, it is fixed lens with no electronic VF so you have to
    >> be...disciplined to use it.
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx1/2
    >>
    >> Kind of expensive at $2800, more than the now-dead A850.

    > Fixed focal length
    > Can't remove the lens
    > No viewfinder, optical or electronic

    There is an optional optical VF ($599) and EVF (price TBA).
    > Expensive

    ! Lens hood $179 and thumb grip $249.

    > Does it have any *good* features? Are there any advantages to it
    > being mirrorless? The advantages of a mirrorless camera mainly
    > have to do with being able to put lenses in places you otherwise
    > couldn't. For example, I can get adapters for my micro four thirds
    > that guarantee focus at infinity for other manufacturer's lenses.

    No mirror slap/quiet operation, compact size, mechanical simplicity
    (possible - but probably not implemented in this camera).

    Me, Sep 13, 2012