Re: Sony a99 / a99v

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 12, 4:30 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > The full frame a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a
    > GPS receiver to tag photos.  (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position
    > behind the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on"
    > and not a "built in" - need to see more on this).
    >
    > Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
    > Canada as well).
    >
    > $2800.
    >
    > I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
    > locations).
    >
    > [sorry for the double post to rpd, meant to x-post to both groups]
    >
    > --
    > "C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
    >                                  -John Keating.

    Looks a little like a Canon.

    RichA, Sep 12, 2012

  2. RichA

    Me Guest

    On 13/09/2012 9:58 a.m., Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012.09.12 17:06 , RichA wrote:
    >> On Sep 12, 4:30 pm, Alan Browne <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> The full frame a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a
    >>> GPS receiver to tag photos. (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position
    >>> behind the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on"
    >>> and not a "built in" - need to see more on this).
    >>>
    >>> Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
    >>> Canada as well).
    >>>
    >>> $2800.
    >>>
    >>> I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
    >>> locations).
    >>>
    >>> [sorry for the double post to rpd, meant to x-post to both groups]
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> "C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
    >>> -John Keating.

    >> Looks a little like a Canon.

    > That EOS-1V look, I agree.

    This?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Canon_EOS-1V.jpg
    Yep - it's painted with the same ugly stick.
    Nikon should have patented the Pronea "look" - it might have saved the
    world from such design gems.

    Me, Sep 12, 2012

  3. Me <> wrote:
    > On 13/09/2012 9:58 a.m., Alan Browne wrote:

    [a99]

    >> That EOS-1V look, I agree.

    > This?
    > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Canon_EOS-1V.jpg
    > Yep - it's painted with the same ugly stick.
    > Nikon should have patented the Pronea "look" - it might have saved the
    > world from such design gems.

    Can't patent a look.
    You could trademark it, however.

    -Wolfgang